Thing That Apparently Never Happens Happens Again

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Thing That Apparently Never Happens Happens Again

Post by Biker »

Democrats Arrested for Election Fraud After Abusing Absentee Ballot System

By: Jason Walsh
June 17, 2024

Four Democrats in Connecticut are facing election fraud charges after they allegedly abused the absentee ballot system in order to affect the democratic primary.

One of the Democratic campaigners has previously been involved in a scandal that forced a rematch of a mayoral election.

Among those charged for unlawful possession of absentee ballots included Bridgeport City Councilmember Alfredo Castillo, Democratic Town Committee Vice Chair Wanda Geter-Pataky, and two other campaign workers, Nilsa Heredia and Josephine Edmunds, the Associated Press reported.

The Democrats allegedly manipulated the absentee ballot system during the city’s 2019 Democratic primary, in which Joe Ganim, the incumbent mayor, defeated state Sen. Marilyn Moore by only 270 votes.

Geter-Pataky, Heredia, and Edmonds were also charged with tampering with a witness during the investigation, Fox News reported.

Geter-Pataky was also accused of failing to sign as an “assister” on an absentee ballot application, which was filled out on behalf of a voter.

Castillo was accused of misrepresenting eligibility requirements for voting by absentee ballots and failing to sign as an assister.

Geter-Pataky, Castillo, and Heredia were Ganim supporters, while Edmonds is believed to have supported Moore.

Geter-Pataky was involved in a scandal involving absentee ballots, ultimately leading to a rematch of the 2023 mayoral race.

Surveillance videos showed people stuffing absentee ballots into collection boxes during the Democratic primary, one of which was allegedly Geter-Pataky.

However, Geter-Pataky exercised her Fifth Amendment right and declined to answer questions after being questioned about the video.

“Whether it’s people accused from the Moore campaign or my campaign — any irregularity is unacceptable,” Ganim said in a statement after the arrests were announced.

“We all agree that the integrity of the voting process is vital to our democracy.”

Edmonds had been on Moore’s campaign payroll in 2019.

Moore said she was disappointed that someone on her campaign payroll had been accused of voter fraud.

“I ran on integrity and I also ran on integrity for my Senate campaign. That’s what I tried to foster, integrity in all campaigns,” she said in an interview.

“That I had a person doing the opposite bothers me, especially knowing who I am and knowing that I don’t cut corners on anything.”

The arrests of the Democrats took three years.

The secretary of state’s office reportedly sent a formal letter of referral regarding possible wrongdoing to the State Elections Enforcement Commission (SEEC) after the September 2019 primary.

However, the evidence was referred to state prosecutors on June 7, 2023, nearly four years later.

Voters filed a lawsuit seeking a new primary election in 2019,

“Five years is much too long to prosecute a case. Look at the things that have happened since that case in Bridgeport with absentee ballots,” Moore said.

“They’re all impacted by this because those people continued to do something underhanded in all of those elections.”

Edmonds turned herself into authorities Monday, while the remaining three defendants turned themselves in the following day.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Re: Thing That Apparently Never Happens Happens Again

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Meh.

-Every Democrat everywhere.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."