Is Haley eyeing the VP nod?

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Is Haley eyeing the VP nod?

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Many think Haley would be a solid move for Trump. Steal some of those suburban women from Shit Show or Knee Pads.
DC "Insiders", for what its worth, think JD Vance and Rubio are 1 and 1A on the short list.
If not VP I'm not sure she would serve in his cabinet again in any other capacity. Plus, lets face it: Donny is no spring chicken either. He could be one Big Mac away from a heart attack. That could factor into any decisions.

Playbook PM: Haley releases delegates to Trump
https://www.politico.com/newsletters/pl ... p-00132333

Vegas thinks Vance for sure.

JD Vance +250
Marco Rubio +900
https://www.oddschecker.com/us/politics ... vp-nominee
Last edited by CHEEZY17 on Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Re: Is Haley eyeing the VP nod?

Post by Biker »

Aside from licking Trump's balls, I dont understand what Vance brings to the table
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Biker wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:32 pm Aside from licking Trump's balls, I dont understand what Vance brings to the table
Youth primarily I suppose. He is also not scared to push back against hostile media and is pretty solid in general from a media perspective.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

one thing i have learned about Trump is that he hates people that seem to think they are his equal and he almost never goes with what is expected. So that rules out a lot of the candidates. He chose Pence when he was running against Hillary and he really needed to balance his ticket with a woman. So, it will probably be a white man.

That leads me to guess Doug Burgum.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:23 pm one thing i have learned about Trump is that he hates people that seem to think they are his equal and he almost never goes with what is expected. So that rules out a lot of the candidates. He chose Pence when he was running against Hillary and he really needed to balance his ticket with a woman. So, it will probably be a white man.

Fuck, I hope not. That dude is a snooze fest.
The only thing I can see a guy like Burgum bringing to the table is "stability" read: "not crazy".
If Trumps biggest shortcoming is people thinking hes a loose cannon then Burgum is the safe play I suppose. But are the people who think hes a "loose cannon" gonna turn around and vote for him because of Burgum? Unlikely as their minds are probably already made up.
I'd prefer Haley, then Vance and then Rubio or one of the blackdudes (TM) ((Tim Scott or Byron Donalds))
Haley helps with women and scared moderates.
Vance helps with youth
Rubio helps with Hispanics
Blackdudes (TM) help with the black vote.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:17 pm
Animal wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:23 pm one thing i have learned about Trump is that he hates people that seem to think they are his equal and he almost never goes with what is expected. So that rules out a lot of the candidates. He chose Pence when he was running against Hillary and he really needed to balance his ticket with a woman. So, it will probably be a white man.

The only thing I can see a guy like Burgum bringing to the table is "stability" read: "not crazy".
If Trumps biggest shortcoming is people thinking hes a loose cannon then Burgum is the safe play I suppose. But are the people who think hes a "loose cannon" gonna turn around and vote for him because of Burgum? Unlikely as their minds are probably already made up.
I'd prefer Haley, then Vance and then Rubio or one of the blackdudes (TM) ((Tim Scott or Byron Donalds))
Vance helps with youth
what did Pence help with? Christians? Other than being a snoozefest, quiet, backseat, yes man, what demographic did Pence reel into the ticket?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:08 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:17 pm

Vance helps with youth
what did Pence help with? Christians? Other than being a snoozefest, quiet, backseat, yes man, what demographic did Pence reel into the ticket?
Pence was to shore up the evangelicals and other assorted Jeezus freaks who were on the fence about Trumps...everything :lol:
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Tulsi>Haley>Scott>Rubio
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Biker wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:11 pm Tulsi>Haley>Scott>Rubio
Tulsi would be a fucking seismic event!
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

And JD Vance it is.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Trump stuck with his "white" and "male" choice.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

The Bookies called it.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:24 pm The Bookies called it.
Actually, I don't know one thing about JD Vance. I have heard his name, but that's it. Of course, I don't think I knew who Mike Pence was either.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:46 pm
Actually, I don't know one thing about JD Vance. I have heard his name, but that's it. Of course, I don't think I knew who Mike Pence was either.
Grew up poor white trash. Put himself through Ohio State and then earned a doctorate at Yale. The movie Hillbilly Elegy is based on his life.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:50 pm
Grew up poor white trash. Put himself through Ohio State and then earned a doctorate at Yale. The movie Hillbilly Elegy is based on his life.
i never heard of the movie either. But i was just reading that it was from a book that JD Vance wrote. He might be an interesting guy.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

“I go back and forth between thinking Trump is a cynical asshole like Nixon who wouldn’t be that bad (and might even prove useful) or that he’s America’s Hitler. How’s that for discouraging?” Vance writes in the message.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Animal wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:58 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:50 pm
i never heard of the movie either. But i was just reading that it was from a book that JD Vance wrote. He might be an interesting guy.
As I've said for decades, a confirmed nominees most important thing way before the election cycle even starts is picking a solid qualified VP pick just in case something happens to you. Trump's pick in 2016- Pence was a solid choice. Contrast that to our current clown show administration where is was a checkmark on a political list. "On her knees- feet spread in the air". Going to be nice returning to sanity.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 9:22 pm Trump's pick in 2016- Pence was a solid choice.

"Sanity" he says.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Dot is so cute. We've had our Stapes, Capt Q and a long list of liberal posters going back decades where we we knew the age and maturity of each one. They are all gone. Has anyone thought to ask to see some evidence of dot's age. I'm betting 17 year old Senior. That's what I get reading his posts. The last left and a damn poor ending.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot is 34, wears a man bun, lives with his parents, works as a census counter, his favorite food is quiche and he hangs out at the YMCA showers because they have free wifi.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:04 pm dot is 34, wears a man bun, lives with his parents, works as a census counter, his favorite food is quiche and he hangs out at the YMCA showers because they have free wifi.
With his shrill posts, you just know his Student Loans- That allowed him to graduate with with his hugely valuable "Black Studies" degree is in grave danger. Imagine having to repay something you promised to do. Perfect target audience for this whole current administration and DNC.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

God, my total hatred of the quality of voters currently can not be understated. Bad enough when they are totally uninformed on the current issues. But it's the single issue voters that need to be scrubbed. "What are you voting on?" "No Trump". What kind of stand is that for the Country"s welfare. Time to reinstate that owing land or a home is the minimum requirements to be able to vote.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

After the assassination attempt I hope Trump forgets about petty gripes and realizes that he has a real chance to do some stuff here; to make real inroads with broad sections of America the R's have largely conceded to the Dims.
I not only want him to get Haley in his cabinet somehow (Secretary of State maybe?) I want them to publicly announce it well before the election.
The same goes for Rubio and Cruz.
I wonder if Cruz is angling for AG?
peterosehaircut
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by peterosehaircut »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 2:22 am After the assassination attempt I hope Trump forgets about petty gripes and realizes that he has a real chance to do some stuff here; to make real inroads with broad sections of America the R's have largely conceded to the Dims.
I not only want him to get Haley in his cabinet somehow (Secretary of State maybe?) I want them to publicly announce it well before the election.
The same goes for Rubio and Cruz.
I wonder if Cruz is angling for AG?
I would love to see Cruz as AG!
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Well the convention has certainly started with a different flavor. I only saw two speakers. One was some pop star/influencer that used to hate trump for being a racist but has now studied him and the republican party and fell in love with the ideas and goals they have. She also found out that Trump is the exact opposite of a racist. She's embarrassed that she was brainwashed by the bullshit the left puts out.

But the shocker was the president of the Teamsters. And he gave exactly the type of speech you would expect. He hates greedy big business, and he called out Amazon specifically and loudly. I am not sure exactly the point of having him there other than to appeal to the working class and to steal some of Biden's "union" swag.

It has started off as a different kind of republican party. MUCH more Center than right. One now known for no longer having two big issues on its party platform. 1. And end to abortion ban 2. No longer is marriage only between a man and a woman.

These are all good signs.