HomeBrew's Military thread

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Homebrew
Actually drinks Natty Lite.

Re: CQ's Military thread

Post by Homebrew »

What if it was one guy with six guns?
Homebrew

Post by Homebrew »

The Allies began their beach assaults at 6:30 a.m. on June 6, 1944. The British and Canadians overcame light opposition to capture beaches codenamed Gold, Juno and Sword, as did the Americans at Utah Beach. However, the U.S. forces of the 1st and 29th Divisions faced heavy resistance at Omaha Beach and suffered over 2,000 casualties. But by the day's end, approximately 156,000 Allied troops had successfully stormed Normandy’s beaches and began the push into France.

The cost of Operation Overlord would be high but much less than what was originally estimated. The Allied casualties on the first day was approximately 10,000, with 4,414 confirmed dead. The Germans forces defending the beaches lost an estimated 1,000 men.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Bidens comments were especially meaningful and thoughtful on this important day that changed the world and set a course for the defeat of Nazism.

Oh, wait...He couldnt be bothered. Again. 2 years in a row,

Remember when the Lefties were all over Trump about stuff like this?
Pepperidge Farms remembers.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:41 am Bidens comments were especially meaningful and thoughtful on this important day that changed the world and set a course for the defeat of Nazism.

Hilarious.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

saltydog wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:52 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:41 am Bidens comments were especially meaningful and thoughtful on this important day that changed the world and set a course for the defeat of Nazism.

Hilarious.
Its actually kind of sad that Shit Show couldnt be bothered. Well, he probably has no idea what day it is anyway so the fault lies with his staff.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:57 am

Hilarious.
Its actually kind of sad that Shit Show couldnt be bothered. Well, he probably has no idea what day it is anyway so the fault lies with his staff.
Maybe he's attending the most recent site of a Pro-Massacre exhibition?
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

saltydog wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:16 am

Hilarious.
And the former guy is probably dancing somewhere in front of his maggots-in-mourning
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

FSchmertz wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:28 am
saltydog wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:16 am

Hilarious.
And the former guy is probably dancing somewhere in front of his maggots-in-mourning
You guys think Shit Show is doing a good job? Please try to answer without mentioning Donald Trump.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Homebrew

Post by Homebrew »

In this colorized photograph, two U.S. Marines are preparing to move out of a shell crater and advance towards Japanese positions, on the island of Saipan in June 1944.
Homebrew

Post by Homebrew »

U.S. Marine Sgt. Nicole Gee, a maintenance technician with the 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit, cradles an Afghan infant during the evacuation at Hamid Karzai International Airport in Kabul, Afghanistan on August 24, 2021.

The 23 year-old wrote "I love my job" on her Instagram caption, as her unit was tasked with processing thousands of Afghan and American evacuees through the airport gates.

Just two days later on August 26, 2021, Sgt. Gee and 12 of her fellow service members were killed in a suicide bombing at the airport.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

well, that's a fucked up story.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Can we get a mass petition over to the Mods recommending this thread title be changed from "CQ" (he gone) to "Homebrew Military thread".
Homebrew

Re: HomeBrew's Military thread

Post by Homebrew »

Groovy, thanks, I'm from a military family so this stuff is of interest to me.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Awesome. Thanks. Homebrew deserves it.
disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Post by disco.moon »

Homebrew wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:49 pm Groovy, thanks, I'm from a military family so this stuff is of interest to me.
That's awesome!!
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Rightie cancel culture hard at work.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

Homebrew wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:49 pm Groovy, thanks, I'm from a military family so this stuff is of interest to me.
Same here. I never served, but my dad and grandfathers going back several generations did.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:01 am Rightie cancel culture hard at work.
First of all, CQ quit, Second, CQ told DM not once but twice that he was never coming back. Third, then CQ was not only rude but abusive to UJR's sweetheart. So Fuck Him. As for you, may I suggest you whine less and lurk more.
Homebrew

Post by Homebrew »

Deathproof wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:08 am
Same here. I never served, but my dad and grandfathers going back several generations did.
I was in the Navy mid 80's, my older adopted brother did two tours in the Navy also. Uncle did 20 years 7 months and 1 day in the Marines and my step dad was a B-24 pilot in WWII. Also several cousins have served.
Homebrew

Post by Homebrew »

Two U.S. Marines, assigned to the Special Purpose Marine Air-Ground Task Force-Crisis Response-Central Command, share their water with a young girl at Hamid Karzai International Airport on August 21, 2021.

There is no better friend, no worse enemy than a United States Marine.

Is this better Animal? ;)
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Homebrew wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:58 pm Image

Two U.S. Marines, assigned to the Special Purpose Marine Air-Ground Task Force-Crisis Response-Central Command, share their water with a young girl at Hamid Karzai International Airport on August 21, 2021.

There is no better friend, no worse enemy than a United States Marine.

Is this better Animal? ;)
fuck. i was scared to read to the bottom of the post and find out what kind of horrific death they endured.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

Homebrew wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:52 pm
Deathproof wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:08 am
I was in the Navy mid 80's, my older adopted brother did two tours in the Navy also. Uncle did 20 years 7 months and 1 day in the Marines and my step dad was a B-24 pilot in WWII. Also several cousins have served.

So you were serving at roughly the same time as my dad. He was Captain, 3rd Rank in the SSV (Sovetskaya Sukhoputnye Voyska). His father was part of the 106th Guards Airborne Division of the Vozdushno-Desantnye Voyska, the Soviet Airborne Forces. I'm told at least two previous generations served too, but the records have been lost.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Homebrew

Post by Homebrew »

Japanese representatives, including Foreign Minister Shigemitsu Mamoru (with walking cane) and Gen. Umezu Yoshijiro (front right), on board the USS Missouri during the surrender ceremonies, September 2, 1945.

Gen. Douglas MacArthur signing the agreement by which Japan surrendered to Allied forces—thereby ending World War II—on the USS Missouri battleship in Tokyo Bay, September 2, 1945. Standing behind MacArthur are U.S. Lieut. Gen. Jonathan M. Wainwright (left) and British Lieut. Gen. Arthur Percival.

When I was a kid the USS Missouri (BB-63) was a floating museum docked in Washington St. near Bremerton. We visited family in the area often and I spent quite some time on this ship and there was a huge round marker on the deck that marked where this event happened.

When I was in the service they were in the process of recommissioning her in San Diego and 90% of the guys I trained with were assigned to her. Me? I got assigned to a fucking building...
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Homebrew wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:28 pm Image
Japanese representatives, including Foreign Minister Shigemitsu Mamoru (with walking cane) and Gen. Umezu Yoshijiro (front right), on board the USS Missouri during the surrender ceremonies, September 2, 1945.

Gen. Douglas MacArthur signing the agreement by which Japan surrendered to Allied forces—thereby ending World War II—on the USS Missouri battleship in Tokyo Bay, September 2, 1945. Standing behind MacArthur are U.S. Lieut. Gen. Jonathan M. Wainwright (left) and British Lieut. Gen. Arthur Percival.

When I was a kid the USS Missouri (BB-63) was a floating museum docked in Washington St. near Bremerton. We visited family in the area often and I spent quite some time on this ship and there was a huge round marker on the deck that marked where this event happened.

When I was in the service they were in the process of recommissioning her in San Diego and 90% of the guys I trained with were assigned to her. Me? I got assigned to a fucking building...
i wonder how, back then, that they draw up these documents and got the desk and everything together to have that ceremony on a battleship out in the sea? You would think it would have been pretty spur of the moment to end a war.