HomeBrew's Military thread

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Re: CQ's Military thread

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

:lol:

Man what a tough job.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Charliesheen wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:44 pm :lol:

Man what a tough job.
If you ever go to the Army subreddit on reddit the recruiter stories are some of the best
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:46 pm

Man what a tough job.
If you ever go to the Army subreddit on reddit the recruiter stories are some of the best
when i was in high school i was thinking about joining the army. anyway, one night i met a guy that had just gotten out of the army and in the course of the conversation, he told me that if he ever got his hands on the recruiter that got him to enlist, he would kill him.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Animal wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:50 pm

Man what a tough job.
when i was in high school i was thinking about joining the army. anyway, one night i met a guy that had just gotten out of the army and in the course of the conversation, he told me that if he ever got his hands on the recruiter that got him to enlist, he would kill him.
Not an uncommon story

https://old.reddit.com/r/army/comments/ ... you_about/
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:52 pm
Animal wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:50 pm

Man what a tough job.
Not an uncommon story

https://old.reddit.com/r/army/comments/ ... you_about/
Right up top of that I found "42A"

Wondering what that was in the army, I of course googled, and:

https://www.facebook.com/usawtfm/posts/ ... 588008606/
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Whackov
Christ, get a life already!

Post by Whackov »

rule34
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by rule34 »

My dad was a Navy pilot. He used to say any landing you could walk away from was a good landing. Any landing you could walk away from and reuse the plane was a really good landing. Any landing you could walk away from and reuse the plane right away was a really really good landing.

He also said take offs were optional, landings were mandatory.
du.du.du.dude looks like a lady
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Homebrew
Actually drinks Natty Lite.

Post by Homebrew »

USS Kitkun Bay (CVE-71) prepares to launch its air wing during the Battle off Samar, 25 October 1944. In the background the carrier USS White Plains (CVE-66) is straddled by 14-inch gunfire from the Japanese battlegroup.
What if it was one guy with six guns?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

HOUSTON — The Battleship Texas Foundation has announced where and who will be repairing the historic battleship.

The battleship will be repaired at Gulf Copper & Manufacturing Corporation’s Galveston shipyard. With the help of the Battleship Texas Foundation and Valkor Energy Services, Gulf Copper recently acquired a floating drydock capable of lifting the ship out of the water for necessary and extensive hull repairs. The dreadnought has been docked at the San Jacinto Battleground Historic Site in La Porte since 1948."Commissioned in 1914 as the most powerful weapon in the world, the Battleship Texas is credited with the introduction and innovation of advances in gunnery, aviation and radar. She is the last surviving dreadnought as well as the only battleship in existence today that fought in both World War I and World War II," Battleship Texas Foundation says.

Seamen watched the historic flag raising of the American flag at Iwo Jima from its decks.BTF said the new drydock acquisition was a critical milestone in Battleship Texas’s $35 million hull repair project.

The location of the yard in Galveston also significantly reduces risk since the tow is both in sheltered waters and the distance is shorter than other potential options. The Battleship Texas is projected to enter the Gulf Copper’s new Galveston drydock in the second quarter of 2022, per BTF, after it’s made ready for the battleship.

BTF operates the Battleship Texas under a 99-year memorandum of understanding from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, which owns the battleship. In 2019, the state’s legislature passed SB-1511, directing the Texas Parks and Wildlife to enter a 99-year lease with a qualified nonprofit to operate the ship. In that same session, state lawmakers appropriated $35 million to fund the hull repair of the Battleship Texas.In 2020, the Battleship Texas Foundation sought proposals for the selection of a new home for the historic battleship. The current berth at the San Jacinto State Historic Site could not financially support the Battleship’s annual maintenance costs.

Resolve Marine Group was contracted in 2020 to prepare the Battleship Texas for tow by BTF and Valkor. BTF, Resolve and Valkor worked for six months to reduce the amount of water leaking into the Battleship Texas by installing more than 750,000 gallons of expanded foam. This reduced the leak rate from 2,000 gallons per minute to under 20 gallons per minute, allowing the ship to be safer to tow.
[media]https://youtu.be/h0GXccxSpWU[/media]
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Homebrew

Post by Homebrew »

Catapults on board the Omaha class light cruiser USS Milwaukee, Jan 1931. Planes are Vought O2U-1 Corsair, although introduced in 1926 many were still in service at the outbreak of WW2. Also known for being the planes used to attack King Kong in the original 1933 film.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

CaptQuint wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:38 pm [media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk2V1eRH7jo&t[/media]
If I had acreage I’d get one.

https://www.gooddog.com/belgian-sheepdo ... stal=95473
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Homebrew

Post by Homebrew »

A carrier pigeon being released from a port-hole in the side of a tank near Albert, 9 August 1918. It's a Mark V tank of the 10th Battalion, Tank Corps attached to the III Corps during the Battle of Amiens.
Homebrew

Post by Homebrew »

A Liberator B Mk VI of No 37 Squadron RAF after being hit by a pair of 1000lb bombs dropped by another B-24 during a mission over Italy, 1945. Remarkably the only injuries were to the radio operator who was wounded by fragments from the aircraft; the dorsal turret gunner was flung out of his turret by the force of the impact but otherwise unharmed.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

French Army gun crew with their Canon de 12 La Hitte Mle1859 – a rifled 26-pounder – c.1870 in the Franco-Prussian
I blame Biker.
Homebrew

Post by Homebrew »

An F2H explodes after striking the deck edge of USS Oriskany (CV-34), 1954. The aircraft crumpled and slid to a halt while the central fuel tank (at right) continued forwards down the flight deck. The pilot, Lt. F. J. Repp, escaped the crash unharmed.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Homebrew wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:48 pm Image

An F2H explodes after striking the deck edge of USS Oriskany (CV-34), 1954. The aircraft crumpled and slid to a halt while the central fuel tank (at right) continued forwards down the flight deck. The pilot, Lt. F. J. Repp, escaped the crash unharmed.
I've read about this. Not exactly unharmed (bruised, cut up). The story is legendary in Navy circles. Know what happened to him?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Never mind. Looking at those photos it was a different incident. Don't remember if it was late WWII or just after. Plane hit full flush on the back of the carrier. Crew members saw it crash and explode and knew he was dead. A few minutes later the phone rang in the bridge. Turns out the pilot was ejected into the rear elevator shaft. Took a few minutes in the dark to locate the phone and was wondering where the light switches were. :lol:
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

I thought it was a series of photographs of a WTC weather UJ post