Wuhan Coronavirus

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

Post by Animal »

AnalHamster wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:37 pm I'm happy to bet.
if you will bet me Texas vs UK for the number of deaths per capita by, say, the end of 2020? I would jump on it. $100?
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Flumper wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:47 pm
if you will bet me Texas vs UK for the number of deaths per capita by, say, the end of 2020? I would jump on it. $100?
Time frame is ok but no way I'm giving out bank details, this is why we do avatar bets. Stats are subject to common sense interpretation, if Texas only counts white people under 30 and we as a sane country count all people including those who didn't die in hospital, those are not comparable stats. Everyone who died with Corona listed as a cause or contributing factor, compared to total pop.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

AnalHamster wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:51 pm
Flumper wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:47 pm
Time frame is ok but no way I'm giving out bank details, this is why we do avatar bets. Stats are subject to common sense interpretation, if Texas only counts white people under 30 and we as a sane country count all people including those who didn't die in hospital, those are not comparable stats. Everyone who died with Corona listed as a cause or contributing factor, compared to total pop.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us

^ Can we just use the "Deaths/1 M Pop" from that site? i don't want to get into splitting hairs on who counted what.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

And you have to get some female to write "I heart Flumper" on her completely naked ass and take a pic and use that as your avatar for a month when you lose.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Well it's a no on both fronts, if the us continues to pretend deaths outside of hospital didn't happen then you have no valid stat to compare, and I'm engaged to a lady who will not show her bare ass to random strangers on the internet.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

US American private hospitals are incentivized to report all deaths as COVID.

That couldn’t skew numbers either, eh?
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Charliesheen wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:26 pm US American private hospitals are incentivized to report all deaths as COVID.

That couldn’t skew numbers either, eh?
Dude, try to at least stay vaguely in touch with reality.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Reimbursement rates are at a minimum 20% higher when the COVID is factored in.

But hey, there’s zero evidence of fraud.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

But there is no financial benefit to having a death certificate state that a person’s cause of death was directly tied to COVID-19, said Dr. Leon Kelly, El Paso County’s coroner, who also has served as deputy medical director for the county’s public health department during the coronavirus crisis.

“The coroner’s office is obviously funded by the county budget and it’s a fixed budget decided the year before,” he said. “There’s no additional funding that’s tied to the number of COVID deaths that are ruled in your county, or even autopsied and ruled by your coroner’s office.”

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/05/20/c ... hospitals/

STOP BELIEVING FACEBOOK YOU OLD CROW
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

AnalHamster wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:13 pm Well it's a no on both fronts, if the us continues to pretend deaths outside of hospital didn't happen then you have no valid stat to compare, and I'm engaged to a lady who will not show her bare ass to random strangers on the internet.
You and I are friends, not strangers.
wut?
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty
Has a really kind, but cunty, heart

Post by Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty »

Just got $2K more from my government.

I feel terrible that my rights are violated and they make me take their money and even make me wear a mask!

Probably get Bill Gates microchip injected soon. We are a spineless people.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:55 pm Just got $2K more from my government.

I feel terrible that my rights are violated and they make me take their money and even make me wear a mask!

My brother is still waiting for an unemployment check from March from Florida. Any day now.
I blame Biker.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:55 pm Just got $2K more from my government.

I'm really not sure what tone you're trying to take with theses posts? It's hard not to read it in a voice that sounds like a nine year old bragging about having more ice cream. If you need that money, I'm glad you got it. If you are trying to feel superior, you know where you can put that money.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

New NFL mouth shield. It's vented, but still looks like it would fog up.

Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Charliesheen wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:37 pm Reimbursement rates are at a minimum 20% higher when the COVID is factored in.

Do you understand that that only applies to Medicare patients?
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

B-Tender wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:04 pm New NFL mouth shield. It's vented, but still looks like it would fog up.

Bill Romanowski would not approve.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Burn1dwn wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:22 pm
Charliesheen wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:37 pm Reimbursement rates are at a minimum 20% higher when the COVID is factored in.

Do you understand that that only applies to Medicare patients?
Don't interrupt him while he's reading from the Chump talking points please. ;)

P.S. It's really hard to read 'cause it'd in crayon and sharpie
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:57 pm You'd would think a real American would be upset that their party are treasonous lying scumbags that do not value their fellow countrymen's lives? But no, worried about memes on a forum and not Presidents commuting the sentence of man found guilty of lying to Congress.
Like Pelosi telling people to go to Chinatown? Like the dims complained about Trumps first attempt to stop flights?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Antknot wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:55 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:57 pm You'd would think a real American would be upset that their party are treasonous lying scumbags that do not value their fellow countrymen's lives? But no, worried about memes on a forum and not Presidents commuting the sentence of man found guilty of lying to Congress.
Like Pelosi telling people to go to Chinatown? Like the dims complained about Trumps first attempt to stop flights?
It's July and over one hundred thousand Americans have perished, eat shit
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty
Has a really kind, but cunty, heart

Post by Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty »

B-Tender wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:02 pm

I'm really not sure what tone you're trying to take with theses posts? It's hard not to read it in a voice that sounds like a nine year old bragging about having more ice cream. If you need that money, I'm glad you got it. If you are trying to feel superior, you know where you can put that money.
Nah. Just trolling Americans that got a $1200 autograph. We are up to $10K. Its making this whole thing much easier to get through. That and we dont have as many maskholes that you seem to have...including your leader.
But if you want to start on me about how superior you are because you have bigger guns, well, I guess I deserve it.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Antknot

Post by Antknot »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:57 pm
One has to wonder how much lower that number would be if Trumps first attempt a stopping flights from China had Ben implemented instead of being declared "racist" by Pelosi and Schumer.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Antknot wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:46 am
One has to wonder how much lower that number would be if Trumps first attempt a stopping flights from China had Ben implemented instead of being declared "racist" by Pelosi and Schumer.
So calling it a name increased deaths? Fucking tard
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

President Donald Trump has made a number of misleading statements about his decision on Jan. 31 to impose travel restrictions related to the novel coronavirus epidemic.
Trump has referred to the travel restrictions as a “travel ban.” There isn’t an outright ban, as there are exceptions, including for Americans and their family members.
Trump said he was “bold” in imposing travel restrictions even though “everybody said, it’s too early, it’s too soon” and “a lot of people that work on this stuff almost exclusively” told him “don’t do it.” Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said the decision stemmed from “the uniform recommendations of the career public health officials here at HHS.”
Trump said Democrats “loudly criticized and protested” his announced travel restrictions, and that they “called me a racist because I made that decision.” Trump is overstating Democratic opposition. None of the party’s congressional leaders and none of the Democratic candidates running for president have directly criticized that decision, though at least two Democrats have.
Trump said the travel restrictions “saved a lot of lives” and reduced U.S. COVID-19 cases to “a very small number.” But experts say there isn’t enough data to make that determination. A study in the journal Science found the various travel limitations across the globe initially helped to slow the spread, but the number of cases worldwide rose anyway because the virus had already begun traveling undetected internationally.
Azar declared a public health emergency for the novel coronavirus on Jan. 31, and announced the travel restrictions to and from China, effective Feb. 2. On Feb. 29, Trump expanded those travel restrictions to Iran. Trump has repeatedly boasted that his decision to impose the travel restrictions was bold and worked. But his rhetoric has sometimes stretched the facts.

A Travel ‘Ban’?
For starters, health experts say Trump was wrong to refer to the travel restrictions as a “travel ban,” as he did in a telephone interview on March 4 with Fox News’ Sean Hannity. During a town hall on March 5, Trump said he “closed down the borders to China and to other areas that are very badly affected.” That’s not accurate.

As Azar explained when he announced the travel restrictions on Jan. 31, the policy prohibits non-U.S. citizens, other than the immediate family of U.S. citizens and permanent residents, who have traveled to China within the last two weeks from entering the U.S.

At a House subcommittee hearing on the coronavirus on Feb. 5, Ron Klain, White House Ebola response coordinator under the Obama administration, took issue with the characterization of the travel restrictions as a travel “ban.”

“We don’t have a travel ban,” Klain said. “We have a travel Band-Aid right now. First, before it was imposed, 300,000 people came here from China in the previous month. So, the horse is out of the barn.”

“There’s no restriction on Americans going back and forth,” Klain said. “There are warnings. People should abide by those warnings. But today, 30 planes will land in Los Angeles that either originated in Beijing or came here on one-stops, 30 in San Francisco, 25 in New York City. Okay? So, unless we think that the color of the passport someone carries is a meaningful public health restriction, we have not placed a meaningful public health restriction.”

Indeed, on Jan. 24, a week before the travel restrictions, the CDC confirmed two cases of the novel coronavirus in the U.S. from people who had returned from Wuhan, China, where the outbreak began.

Furthermore, Klain said, the import of goods from China is exempt from the travel restrictions, “and, of course, the people who fly the planes and drive the boats that bring those goods from China. We couldn’t ban that activity. We vitally need that. Ninety percent of the antibiotics in this country come from China. All kinds of vital medical supplies … we will use to treat people. So, travel bans … that’s not what we’re imposing, that’s not what exists.”

As part of the travel restrictions, Azar announced that any U.S. citizen returning to the U.S. who had been in Hubei Province in China in the previous 14 days would be subject to mandatory quarantine and health screening. U.S. citizens returning from mainland China outside Hubei Province were ordered to undergo health screenings and “up to 14 days of monitored self-quarantine to ensure they’ve not contracted the virus and do not pose a public health risk,” Azar said.

At the time the restrictions were announced, there were only six confirmed cases of the novel virus in the U.S. The outbreak, which began in Wuhan, China, at the end of 2019, has now spread to more than 70 countries, including the U.S. According to a Johns Hopkins University case tracker and a New York Times database, as of March 6, more than 250 people in the U.S. have been infected with the new disease, known as COVID-19, and at least 14 have died.

Did Trump Buck the Experts?
Trump has repeatedly said that his decision to impose the travel restrictions on Jan. 31 was made despite objections from most of the experts on containing the spread of infectious disease.

“But we closed those borders very early, against the advice of a lot of professionals, and we turned out to be right. I took a lot of heat for that,” Trump said on March 4.

Asked by Hannity the same day about his rationale at the time he made the decision, Trump said, “I would say everybody said, it’s too early, it’s too soon, and good people, brilliant people, in many ways, doctors and lawyers and, frankly, a lot of people that work on this stuff almost exclusively. And they said, don’t do it.”

Trump repeated this claim at his town hall in Scranton on March 5, saying that as soon as he heard that China had a problem with the coronavirus, he asked how many people the U.S. had coming in from China. “Nobody but me asked that question,” Trump said. Trump added that his decision to impose the travel restrictions was made “against the advice of almost everybody.”

Everybody? Not according to Azar, who said it was the “uniform” recommendation of experts in his department.

“The travel restrictions that we put in place in consultation with the president were very measured and incremental,” Azar told reporters on Feb. 7. “These were the uniform recommendations of the career public health officials here at HHS.”

The World Health Organization cautioned against the overuse of travel restrictions, but stopped short of saying that Trump’s decision in the U.S. — or anyone else’s in other countries — was inappropriate.

“[W]e reiterate our call to all countries not to impose restrictions inconsistent with the International Health Regulations,” WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told its executive board. “Such restrictions can have the effect of increasing fear and stigma, with little public health benefit. So far, 22 countries have reported such restrictions to WHO. Where such measures have been implemented, we urge that they are short in duration, proportionate to the public health risks, and are reconsidered regularly as the situation evolves.”

As we said, three experts called by Democrats at a House subcommittee hearing on Feb. 5 questioned the decision. Dr. Jennifer Nuzzo, a senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, was one of them.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/the-f ... trictions/
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

CaptQuint wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:51 am
Antknot wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:46 am
So calling it a name increased deaths? Fucking tard
Not implementing it caused deaths (most likely) calling it "racisr" was the method used to stop the implementation. Stop pretending to be obtuse, or were you exaggerating your 117 IQ?