Dropping the name "Redskins"

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Re: Dropping the name "Redskins"

Post by FSchmertz »

I had a couple of thoughts on the name:

To make up for insulting Native Americans, they should be the Washington Palefaces!

But I guess that would be insulting to players that aren't white (they were the last NFL team to have black players I think)?

Maybe The Washington Mashers, considering how they treat women?
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

How about the Swampers?
peterosehaircut
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by peterosehaircut »

The deficits
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Has Thinskins been mentioned?
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

This all started way back when they removed Indian Red from a box of Crayola crayons.....
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

So I am reading about some doctors in Australia calling to rename some body parts like the Adam's apple and achilles tendon because they are irrelevant and misogynistic. :)
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:39 pm So I am reading about some doctors in Australia calling to rename some body parts like the Adam's apple and achilles tendon because they are irrelevant and misogynistic. :)
the only one that i have heard that makes any logical sense to me is a drive to change the name of that bridge in Selma, Alabama where the protests back in MLK's day happened. That bridge is currently named after Edmund Winston Pettus, a lawyer, judge, Confederate brigadier general, head of the Alabama Ku Klux Klan, and U.S. senator.

There is a drive to rename it the John Lewis Bridge after the guy that just died. The guy that had his skull fractured on that bridge during a peaceful demonstration in 1965.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

Flumper wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:50 pm
Stapes wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:39 pm So I am reading about some doctors in Australia calling to rename some body parts like the Adam's apple and achilles tendon because they are irrelevant and misogynistic. :)
the only one that i have heard that makes any logical sense to me is a drive to change the name of that bridge in Selma, Alabama where the protests back in MLK's day happened. That bridge is currently named after Edmund Winston Pettus, a lawyer, judge, Confederate brigadier general, head of the Alabama Ku Klux Klan, and U.S. senator.

There is a drive to rename it the John Lewis Bridge after the guy that just died. The guy that had his skull fractured on that bridge during a peaceful demonstration in 1965.
The KKK was founded by Democrats, so Pettus will get a pass.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Deathproof wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:28 pm

Fortunately, all those kinds of folks are Rethugs now, along with the skinheads and other white supremacists. Chump can count on their votes at least.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

FSchmertz wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:39 am

Fortunately, all those kinds of folks are Rethugs now, along with the skinheads and other white supremacists. Chump can count on their votes at least.
That is among the most idiotic posts here. The only racist democrats that changed sides are in the state legislatures. The rest kept their affiliation.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

Antknot wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:49 am

That is among the most idiotic posts here. The only racist democrats that changed sides are in the state legislatures. The rest kept their affiliation.
Seriously. Any time you mention the HISTORICAL FACT THAT THE DEMOCRATS FOUNDED THE KKK, they're quick to mention a mythological "flip", as if the Republicans suddenly became the racist party when a big crowd of racist democrats changed parties. The truth is that ONE racist democrat switched parties -- likely because he had grown disillusioned with the racism of the democrat party.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Deathproof wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:08 am

Seriously. Any time you mention the HISTORICAL FACT THAT THE DEMOCRATS FOUNDED THE KKK, they're quick to mention a mythological "flip", as if the Republicans suddenly became the racist party when a big crowd of racist democrats changed parties. The truth is that ONE racist democrat switched parties -- likely because he had grown disillusioned with the racism of the democrat party.
You really are the poster boy for right wing brainwashing
I blame Biker.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

Stapes wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:35 am
Deathproof wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:08 am

You really are the poster boy for right wing brainwashing
How is it brainwashing when its historical fact, public record that is quite easy to look up?