Anti-Elon Musk news

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Animal
The Great Pretender

Anti-Elon Musk news

Post by Animal »

Man when the media puts its cross hairs on a right wing person, they do not hold back. Its amazing how much news there is around Elon Musk and all of it with the worst possible slant. Today on CNN there are at least two stories. One asking "Is this the end of Twitter?" with the headline about Zuckerberg's Thread having 100 million new users. Then there is another one about the town where SpaceX is located and the huge controversy about wildlife and endangered species that are being threatened because of space debris from rocket launches there. If you read the title of the article you would think that Elon Musk is killing bald eagles, but if you read the article it sounds as if the widllife is growing and making habitats out of fallen pieces of debris from rocket launches.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Re: Anti-Elon Musk news

Post by dot »

Well, the Twitter story is relevant cause he's making decisions breaking it. So maybe it's not so much the worst possible slant as it is reading the writing on the wall.
Ricrude
No life apart from this stupid forum board
Interests: Drinking, gambling, running around with the wrong crowd, pranks...typical UJ stuff.

Post by Ricrude »

Animal wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:43 pm Man when the media puts its cross hairs on a right wing person, they do not hold back. Its amazing how much news there is around Elon Musk and all of it with the worst possible slant. Today on CNN there are at least two stories. One asking "Is this the end of Twitter?" with the headline about Zuckerberg's Thread having 100 million new users. Then there is another one about the town where SpaceX is located and the huge controversy about wildlife and endangered species that are being threatened because of space debris from rocket launches there. If you read the title of the article you would think that Elon Musk is killing bald eagles, but if you read the article it sounds as if the widllife is growing and making habitats out of fallen pieces of debris from rocket launches.
Anything to deflect from Biden....they are trying so hard.
It is absolutely amazing that some people survive walking out of their homes...fo reelz!
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Once a person goes against the Establishment, the Establishment unleashes everything they have onto him/her/they/xee/lix
Ricrude
Interests: Drinking, gambling, running around with the wrong crowd, pranks...typical UJ stuff.

Post by Ricrude »

Animal wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:43 pm Man when the media puts its cross hairs on a right wing person, they do not hold back. Its amazing how much news there is around Elon Musk and all of it with the worst possible slant. Today on CNN there are at least two stories. One asking "Is this the end of Twitter?" with the headline about Zuckerberg's Thread having 100 million new users. Then there is another one about the town where SpaceX is located and the huge controversy about wildlife and endangered species that are being threatened because of space debris from rocket launches there. If you read the title of the article you would think that Elon Musk is killing bald eagles, but if you read the article it sounds as if the widllife is growing and making habitats out of fallen pieces of debris from rocket launches.
Anything to deflect from Biden....they are trying so hard.
It is absolutely amazing that some people survive walking out of their homes...fo reelz!
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Jesus, you dupes aren't even trying to be on the subject at hand anymore. In a thread literally about Elon Musk's failings, you instead turn to Biden because... media.
Ricrude

Post by Ricrude »

dot wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:23 pm Jesus, you dupes aren't even trying to be on the subject at hand anymore. In a thread literally about Elon Musk's failings, you instead turn to Biden because... media.
You are right...it's a business issue between two companies that can't play in the sandbox together and doesn't really merit much coverage. Like the liberal left and the far right...
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Not much coverage warranted for a worldwide formerly popular moderately user-friendly app that since its recent buyout has cratered in reliability and thus popularity. Nope, not relevant at all.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

I havent heard much about how Threads is actually shit according to some folks. To be fair I really dont follow much of that stuff but from what I've heard the data mining of personal info on threads is epic level and it wont let you delete the app unless you delete your Snapchat too. The mining is one of the things Elon is fighting against so I understand.

Threads is The Lefts great hope to bring censorship back!
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:29 pm I havent heard much about how Threads is actually shit according to some folks. To be fair I really dont follow much of that stuff but from what I've heard the data mining of personal info on threads is epic level and it wont let you delete the app unless you delete your Snapchat too. The mining is one of the things Elon is fighting against so I understand.

Zuck is a leftist?

Huge if true.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

:lol: salty can't be this stupid.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:04 pm Not much coverage warranted for a worldwide formerly popular moderately user-friendly app that since its recent buyout has cratered in reliability and thus popularity. Nope, not relevant at all.
see. here's the thing. when you are suddenly against Twitter, then its fairly obvious that you are just mad about Elon and now you want him to fail in any capacity that he is in. Its exactly the same way with CNN and their reporting.

They are also against DeSantis. So every day is an article about how his campaign is tanking or he has no chance or disney hates him or something. They are scared of him as a candidate and so they want to tank him. Meanwhile their coverage of Trump is all about how he's a front runner, and he's the only candidate with a following, and blah blah blah. They want Trump on the ticket in November '24.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:32 pm
dot wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:04 pm Not much coverage warranted for a worldwide formerly popular moderately user-friendly app that since its recent buyout has cratered in reliability and thus popularity. Nope, not relevant at all.
see. here's the thing. when you are suddenly against Twitter, then its fairly obvious that you are just mad about Elon and now you want him to fail in any capacity that he is in. Its exactly the same way with CNN and their reporting.

They are also against DeSantis. So every day is an article about how his campaign is tanking or he has no chance or disney hates him or something. They are scared of him as a candidate and so they want to tank him. Meanwhile their coverage of Trump is all about how he's a front runner, and he's the only candidate with a following, and blah blah blah. They want Trump on the ticket in November '24.
Its clear that they are scared of DeSantis. Trump is good for CNN; thats the bottom line.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:29 pm I havent heard much about how Threads is actually shit according to some folks. To be fair I really dont follow much of that stuff but from what I've heard the data mining of personal info on threads is epic level and it wont let you delete the app unless you delete your Snapchat too. The mining is one of the things Elon is fighting against so I understand.

Almost right.

You need to have or sign up for a Instagram account, and you can't delete Threads without also deleting Instagram.

From what I understand, Threads was set up by the Instagram folks.

P.S. This isn't the first time Meta/Facebook has tried to set up their own twitter. Only a couple of years ago, and it was named Thread also.
Last edited by FSchmertz on Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

FSchmertz wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:14 pm

Almost right.

You need to have or sign up for a Instagram account, and you can't delete Threads without also deleting Instagram.

From what I understand, Threads was set up by the Instagram folks.

P.S. This isn't the first time Meta/Google has tried to set up their own twitter. Only a couple of years ago, and it was named Thread also.
Cool, thanks for the correction. Can you tell I dont have any of those? :lol:
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:32 pm see. here's the thing. when you are suddenly against Twitter, then its fairly obvious that you are just mad about Elon and now you want him to fail in any capacity that he is in. Its exactly the same way with CNN and their reporting.
Is it? Compare Twitter's performance and overall approval or popularity with how it was handled before Musk bought it with how it's being managed now under his name and control. Like it or not, if you aren't pleasing your userbase in a capitalist system, you're going to spark a competitor to rise up and try to fill the void. Musk did that, and then some. Now Idgaf about Twitter, I have one somewhere that I used with a local circle of friends and quickly fell out of because it was boring to me. Kinda the same with Facebook but Facebook has more wide reaching connections to people I'm no longer geographically close to. Does that mean I'm going to favor Threads over Twitter because of Musk? No, cause I fell out of using it long ago, literally dgaf. But for the people who do use Twitter primarily even spending time of their actual day scrolling f'n tweets, if your app suddenly craters performance or availability wise, don't you think that's a relevant piece of news when a competitor rises to challenge the market?
Animal wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:32 pm They are also against DeSantis. So every day is an article about how his campaign is tanking or he has no chance or disney hates him or something. They are scared of him as a candidate and so they want to tank him. Meanwhile their coverage of Trump is all about how he's a front runner, and he's the only candidate with a following, and blah blah blah. They want Trump on the ticket in November '24.
Or the vaunted polls show Trump, for better or worse and let's be honest it's worse because they're both fascists, show Trump leading DeSantis. Disney clowned DeSantis when he tried to exert power over them. He had probably the worst rollout of any campaign ever being hosted by, surprise surprise, Twitter and Musk. Like it or not, his presidential campaign is marred by the fact that he's just a generally weird angry politician who doesn't really work outside of the lunacy of the Florida electorate. But we can agree on one thing at least: we are scared of him as a candidate, just like Trump. Because they're fascists. Most of us like democracy, not the wannabe dictatorships the modern Republican party want to morph the country into. If that's something you wanna hang your hat on, be my guest.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

dot wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:07 pm
Animal wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:32 pm see. here's the thing. when you are suddenly against Twitter, then its fairly obvious that you are just mad about Elon and now you want him to fail in any capacity that he is in. Its exactly the same way with CNN and their reporting.
Is it? Compare Twitter's performance and overall approval or popularity with how it was handled before Musk bought it with how it's being managed now under his name and control. Like it or not, if you aren't pleasing your userbase in a capitalist system, you're going to spark a competitor to rise up and try to fill the void. Musk did that, and then some. Now Idgaf about Twitter, I have one somewhere that I used with a local circle of friends and quickly fell out of because it was boring to me. Kinda the same with Facebook but Facebook has more wide reaching connections to people I'm no longer geographically close to. Does that mean I'm going to favor Threads over Twitter because of Musk? No, cause I fell out of using it long ago, literally dgaf. But for the people who do use Twitter primarily even spending time of their actual day scrolling f'n tweets, if your app suddenly craters performance or availability wise, don't you think that's a relevant piece of news when a competitor rises to challenge the market?
Animal wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:32 pm They are also against DeSantis. So every day is an article about how his campaign is tanking or he has no chance or disney hates him or something. They are scared of him as a candidate and so they want to tank him. Meanwhile their coverage of Trump is all about how he's a front runner, and he's the only candidate with a following, and blah blah blah. They want Trump on the ticket in November '24.
Or the vaunted polls show Trump, for better or worse and let's be honest it's worse because they're both fascists, show Trump leading DeSantis. Disney clowned DeSantis when he tried to exert power over them. He had probably the worst rollout of any campaign ever being hosted by, surprise surprise, Twitter and Musk. Like it or not, his presidential campaign is marred by the fact that he's just a generally weird angry politician who doesn't really work outside of the lunacy of the Florida electorate. But we can agree on one thing at least: we are scared of him as a candidate, just like Trump. Because they're fascists. Most of us like democracy, not the wannabe dictatorships the modern Republican party want to morph the country into. If that's something you wanna hang your hat on, be my guest.
Last I heard the battle of if Disney remains self-governing is moving to the Florida Supreme Court. The issue isnt settled as far as I know so not sure what you mean by that. Have you heard something definitive?
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

It's a shame when your "heroes" turn out to be less than heroic.

Right Mr. Giuliani?
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:18 pm Last I heard the battle of if Disney remains self-governing is moving to the Florida Supreme Court. The issue isnt settled as far as I know so not sure what you mean by that. Have you heard something definitive?
Strictly last reported news. Considering DeSantis tried to punish Disney in a very visible way for its very humanist capitalist response, and Disney and its army of lawyers sidestepped his intent and even kinda rubbed it in his face with the way they did it, that is humiliating for him. Am I supposed to presume future events that haven't happened yet, if they happen at all? The courts aren't exactly going his way either, after all.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Cheezys too busy looking for Bill O'Reilly YouTube clips confirming Hunter Biden forgot to wash his hands after taking a shit once to care about the truth.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

its hilarious to me watching people like DOT that "don't give a fuck" about twitter, but because they hate Elon they suddenly have a negative opinion of Twitter. :lol:
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

it makes me wonder what Dot's opinion might be of the My Pillow products. :lol:
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:57 pm its hilarious to me watching people like DOT that "don't give a fuck" about twitter, but because they hate Elon they suddenly have a negative opinion of Twitter. :lol:
Or, follow with me, Idgaf and because I'm barely here anymore nor is it normal subject matter on a politics and titty site that I lurk on, my opinion has never really been stated before. Find a previous post from me where I loved up on Twitter prior to Musk's purchase. In fact, find a recent post where I posted outright hate for Musk. My posts on this thread have been specifically about his mishandling of the service from day one. I don't find that outrageous, more factual than anything. If that comes off hateful, feel free to point out how.

My Pillow is stupid and the commercials were annoying, and that's before he associated with Trump. Don't be surprised but before he humiliated himself with his election conspiracy nonsense, his commercials were on a lot more channels than just Fox News.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

saltydog wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:41 pm Cheezys too busy looking for Bill O'Reilly YouTube clips confirming Hunter Biden forgot to wash his hands after taking a shit once to care about the truth.
Dude, what does this even mean? :lol:
OK, what is "the truth" on the matter? The "truth" is it hasnt been settled. That is factual and that is accurate. DeSantis tried to eliminate their self-governance. Disney, as is their legal right, fought back. No one got clowned or owned and it appears to be an issue that will be settled in court. What exactly do YOU think is "the truth"? :lol:
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

and right out of left field. Dot thinks my pillows are stupid. :lol: