Figure out the strange situation

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Figure out the strange situation

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

So I got home from a week's work late Friday. Was at Discount Tire early Saturday getting a tire (They had custody of my car key). Ran a couple of errands and last stopped at HEB (Texas chain grocery store). When I came out to the parking lot, my car key was dead- wouldn't unlock my doors. There is actually a secret place next to the driver door handle where you can use your ignition key to unlock the door. Needed a screw driver but couldn't find one. Tried the car key again and it worked. No problem- have never replaced the battery in the fob. Do it Sunday (Keep one of the back doors unlocked). In the meantime, the key works perfect Sunday and Monday. Stop by HEB today, park almost the same spot. Come out and the key is dead again. Look around for some weird new surveillance camera or something. Get in the unlocked back door. Key has worked perfect ever since. I haven't installed the battery yet and of course I carried my key inside HEB. Anyone have a clue?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Figure out the strange situation

Post by Animal »

i have had the same problem at a few parking lots. chilis and dairy queen. they must have some kind of wifi that disarms the key fob from unlocking the doors. i have to use the keypad on the driver door to get in. every time. its happened at those 2 locations probably 20 times over the past few years.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:25 am i have had the same problem at a few parking lots. chilis and dairy queen. they must have some kind of wifi that disarms the key fob from unlocking the doors. i have to use the keypad on the driver door to get in. every time. its happened at those 2 locations probably 20 times over the past few years.
It's really weird. I'm thinking it's not anything in the parking lot but when I carry my keys inside HEB, some new surveillance technology (or something) there causes my fob to go dead for awhile. I'll see if anyone else has experienced the same thing.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Texas grid problems/interference?
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:36 am
Animal wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:25 am i have had the same problem at a few parking lots. chilis and dairy queen. they must have some kind of wifi that disarms the key fob from unlocking the doors. i have to use the keypad on the driver door to get in. every time. its happened at those 2 locations probably 20 times over the past few years.
It's really weird. I'm thinking it's not anything in the parking lot but when I carry my keys inside HEB, some new surveillance technology (or something) there causes my fob to go dead for awhile. I'll see if anyone else has experienced the same thing.
it could be. try stopping by HEB, get out and lock it and walk away and go back and see if it does it. I have never tried that at Chilis or Dairy Queen. I can in a few days though.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:21 am
it could be. try stopping by HEB, get out and lock it and walk away and go back and see if it does it. I have never tried that at Chilis or Dairy Queen. I can in a few days though.
You mean lock it but don't go inside. Just make sure the interference isn't outside. Be next weekend before I'm back to check it out. I'm guessing it's some hot shot SaltyD Incel type tech wizard who doesn't understand how things work in the real world. Sound familiar?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:42 am
You mean lock it but don't go inside. Just make sure the interference isn't outside. Be next weekend before I'm back to check it out. I'm guessing it's some hot shot SaltyD Incel type tech wizard who doesn't understand how things work in the real world. Sound familiar?
yeah, you have me kind of curious now. Maybe it is inside the building that the fob gets scrambled or disabled. I just assumed it was something outside that was interfering with the signal frequency from the key fob.
rule34
MAGA 2024

Post by rule34 »

It's a new system that disables the key fob when you park in the handicap spot without the proper documentation.
du.du.du.dude looks like a lady
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Sorry for your mild inconvenience.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
rule34
MAGA 2024

Post by rule34 »

By the way, did this happen in Marfa?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

rule34 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:00 pm It's a new system that disables the key fob when you park in the handicap spot without the proper documentation.
Yeah, not it
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:34 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:42 am
yeah, you have me kind of curious now. Maybe it is inside the building that the fob gets scrambled or disabled. I just assumed it was something outside that was interfering with the signal frequency from the key fob.
Pretty sure that's the case. There is nothing in the parking lot except lights. Has to be inside. I'll test it this weekend when I get home.
Cyberhonky
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by Cyberhonky »

My fob sets off the door sentrys at my local supermarket 😁
Vote for Pedro
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

saltydog wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:45 am Texas grid problems/interference?
Oh, is our grid failing again? Glad a guy in New England let us Texans know
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Biker wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:46 pm
I'm just offering thoughts on a topic that I could barely understand and comprehend (HEB?).

Isn't that what all the cool kids do around here?
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

saltydog wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:49 pm
I'm just offering thoughts on a topic that I could barely understand and comprehend (HEB?).

You didn’t understand that H-E-B is a chain of grocery stores? Even after the original poster specified it in the original post?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

My car key worked perfect all day. Still leaving the one back door unlocked until I solve this. I also have the touch screen on the outside driver door. As I posted 2 years ago, no idea what the code is anymore (long story). And I'm not paying the local Ford dealer $100 to tell me what that code is. Things like that have usually been free as a courtesy to Ford owners. Another example of everything going to shit for the almighty $$. Nickle and dime everything to death.
rule34
MAGA 2024

Post by rule34 »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:56 pm My car key worked perfect all day. Still leaving the one back door unlocked until I solve this. I also have the touch screen on the outside driver door. As I posted 2 years ago, no idea what the code is anymore (long story). And I'm not paying the local Ford dealer $100 to tell me what that code is. Things like that have usually been free as a courtesy to Ford owners. Another example of everything going to shit for the almighty $$. Nickle and dime everything to death.
My you do bitch a lot.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

rule34 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:59 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:56 pm My car key worked perfect all day. Still leaving the one back door unlocked until I solve this. I also have the touch screen on the outside driver door. As I posted 2 years ago, no idea what the code is anymore (long story). And I'm not paying the local Ford dealer $100 to tell me what that code is. Things like that have usually been free as a courtesy to Ford owners. Another example of everything going to shit for the almighty $$. Nickle and dime everything to death.
My you do bitch a lot.
Not as much as I would if I lived in Kansas. Admit that explains much about you.
rule34
MAGA 2024

Post by rule34 »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:13 am
My you do bitch a lot.
Not as much as I would if I lived in Kansas. Admit that explains much about you.
I'm glad you don't.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Antknot wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:08 pm
saltydog wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:49 pm

You didn’t understand that H-E-B is a chain of grocery stores? Even after the original poster specified it in the original post?
I have a CTC filter that accounts for "anomalies" that can suddenly appear in his posts. I'm trying to be respectful while understanding CTC-speak. Thanks for coming to his aid though. I think Animal might need an oil change by the end of the week if you're not too busy.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

If your car has a built-in anti-theft device/mode, it may be malfunctioning.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

rule34 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:26 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:13 am
My you do bitch a lot.
I'm glad you don't.
So you want the sitting around all day watching the Jets fly over at high altitudes to yourself. Knock yourself out
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:19 am If your car has a built-in anti-theft device/mode, it may be malfunctioning.
It does but that's not the problem. It's that one location. It's either some tech there or a buried alien ship via TommyKnockers.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

First method: open your glove box and find the black velcro owners manual packet. open it up and there should be a business card displayed with a Secure Code. That opens the door.

Second method: for this you have to have two key fobs, if you don't skip this one. If you have two key fobs, put one in the ignition and just turn it until the battery turns on. Leave it on for a few seconds, until you hear around 3 beeps of the door. Then take it out. Put in the other one and be looking at the screen above the steering wheel, because this happens pretty quick. Put in the 2nd key fob and turn it until the battery turns on. Quickly the factory code will display on the screen.

third method: this one is pretty tough. you have to remove a couple of plastic parts on the passenger floor by the passenger door and inside there is a white sticker with the key code on it. You will have to youtube a vid of how to do that because its not easy.