Political cartoon and meme thread for both sides of the spectrum.

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Re: Political cartoon and meme thread for both sides of the spectrum.

Post by CHEEZY17 »

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Ricrude
No life apart from this stupid forum board
Interests: Drinking, gambling, running around with the wrong crowd, pranks...typical UJ stuff.

Post by Ricrude »

It is absolutely amazing that some people survive walking out of their homes...fo reelz!
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

There's a little thing called a private communications platform. The administrator of that platform can control the content pretty much as he/she desires. I own UJR now, and frankly it's well within my "rights" (if they can be called that) to edit, delete, and ban merely on my own whims. I'm not required to justify it to any user. I'm also allowed to extend similar rights to others, as Animal, Biker, and Hawkfan have. Since I'm a nice guy, I don't work on whims, but I'm certainly entitled to. And there's nothing any user can say about it.

FaceBook is not a utility but a private (though publicly financed) platform. If you don't like their stances, talk to the shareholders.

I mean, would you question the admins on Truth Social when they decide to delete content and users they consider "liberal" or "woke"?

It's a very similar concept to the "letters to the editor" in a privately owned newspaper. They can publish whatever letters they receive, for any reason and based on any editorial slant they want to take. Don't like it, don't buy their newspaper, as that's your only (legal) recourse.

Note: I happen to like you bunch of assholes and a lot. I want you all to have a good time when you visit UJR. This despite the onerous bullshit you all seem to post here, especially on this forum. But I wouldn't have it any other way.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

QillerDaemon wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:40 pmAnd there's nothing any user can say about it.
is that a fact?
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Who let the fuse on QD’s tampon?
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady

Post by QillerDaemon »

Animal wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:42 pm
QillerDaemon wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:40 pmAnd there's nothing any user can say about it.
is that a fact?
Now you've piqued my curiosity...

But yes. A user can say all they want to about it. And I (along with you, Biker, and Hawk) can simply ignore it with fingers in our ears.

My original response was in reply to Cheezy's Calvin 'n Hobbs cartoon. Every platform administrator is a "fascist" in some regard.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

QillerDaemon wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:40 pm There's a little thing called a private communications platform. The administrator of that platform can control the content pretty much as he/she desires. I own UJR now, and frankly it's well within my "rights" (if they can be called that) to edit, delete, and ban merely on my own whims. I'm not required to justify it to any user. I'm also allowed to extend similar rights to others, as Animal, Biker, and Hawkfan have. Since I'm a nice guy, I don't work on whims, but I'm certainly entitled to. And there's nothing any user can say about it.

FaceBook is not a utility but a private (though publicly financed) platform. If you don't like their stances, talk to the shareholders.

I mean, would you question the admins on Truth Social when they decide to delete content and users they consider "liberal" or "woke"?

It's a very similar concept to the "letters to the editor" in a privately owned newspaper. They can publish whatever letters they receive, for any reason and based on any editorial slant they want to take. Don't like it, don't buy their newspaper, as that's your only (legal) recourse.

Note: I happen to like you bunch of assholes and a lot. I want you all to have a good time when you visit UJR. This despite the onerous bullshit you all seem to post here, especially on this forum. But I wouldn't have it any other way.
In general, I agree with all of that. The Libertarian in me say that you should be able to run your business as you see fit and the free market will either reward or punish you as it sees fit.

The problem with the social media giants though is that in essence they have a virtual monopoly. Its slightly changing with X being more free and the bush league "Truth Social" on the scene but generally speaking the bigger platforms rule the day and there is no denying which way they lean. Think of it like ATT way back when. Didnt like 'em? Tough shit; go use another phone company...Oh wait. Yes, its slightly better than it was a few years ago but the playing field isnt even close to level. Another problem is their duplicity in the whole matter. They publicly claim to be non-partisan yet time after time evidence shows them favoring The Left going so far as to covertly partner and strategize with the Biden administration on what is "acceptable".
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:31 pm Image
Man, how true is this?
Homebrew
Actually drinks Natty Lite.

Post by Homebrew »

What if it was one guy with six guns?
rule34
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by rule34 »

QillerDaemon wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:40 pm There's a little thing called a private communications platform. The administrator of that platform can control the content pretty much as he/she desires. I own UJR now, and frankly it's well within my "rights" (if they can be called that) to edit, delete, and ban merely on my own whims. I'm not required to justify it to any user. I'm also allowed to extend similar rights to others, as Animal, Biker, and Hawkfan have. Since I'm a nice guy, I don't work on whims, but I'm certainly entitled to. And there's nothing any user can say about it.

wtc would like a word with you.

Dear god how did I get in here?
du.du.du.dude looks like a lady
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Homebrew wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:06 pm Image
I can only imagine the medicinal cocktail that Shit Shows handlers are going to have to feed him.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady

Post by QillerDaemon »

Got served 30 minutes after posting this on X at his birthday party:

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

rule34 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:21 pm

wtc would like a word with you.

Dear god how did I get in here?
I actually agree with QD on everything he posted except for 2 critical things. Other than big cities where newspapers usually always leaned one way or the other ( I'm talking historic past), the vast majority had editors that were very conscious of their role as the "4th estate" of democracy. So they made sure to allow a wide range of opinions on their "letter to the editor". But unlike today where anyone can spew garbage behind the cloak of anonymity, you were required to submit your actual name and verifiable address with your letter. Your opinion was thus scrutinized through the lens of "normal local norms. No BS to pandering to tiny Inconsequential percentage of population like we have seen recently.
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady

Post by QillerDaemon »

"A lie a minute"? With only one a minute, Biden's gotta step up his game. Orange Boy is lying ever time he bats an eye.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

QillerDaemon wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:40 pm "A lie a minute"? With only one a minute, Biden's gotta step up his game. Orange Boy is lying ever time he bats an eye.
Funny how Orange Man Bad lies so much but yet he was correct in everything he predicted in 2020. Weird
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady

Post by QillerDaemon »

Biker wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:43 pm
QillerDaemon wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:40 pm "A lie a minute"? With only one a minute, Biden's gotta step up his game. Orange Boy is lying ever time he bats an eye.
Funny how Orange Man Bad lies so much but yet he was correct in everything he predicted in 2020. Weird
He was? Do tell. Still, a broken and busted up clock is right twice a day, at least an analog one is.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

I finally realized what the Country has been missing for so long to account for all the anger and deciviness. The daily comics in the local newspaper.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

QillerDaemon wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:51 pm
Biker wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:43 pm
He was? Do tell. Still, a broken and busted up clock is right twice a day, at least an analog one is.
Border
Inflation
Wars in Middle East
War with Russia

Thats just a few
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Antknot

Post by Antknot »

Antknot

Post by Antknot »

Antknot

Post by Antknot »

Antknot

Post by Antknot »