Pompeo: Iranians and Iraqis should view this US action as "giving them their freedom"

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Pompeo: Iranians and Iraqis should view this US action as "giving them their freedom"

Post by beagleboy »

Oddly, some people will believe this just as people believed it every other time.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo disputed France's statement that the killing of Qasem Soleimani has made the world less safe. He said Iranians and Iraqis should view the US action as "giving them their freedom."

“Yeah well, the French are just wrong about that,” Pompeo said on CNN’s New Day Friday. “The world is a much safer place today. And I can ensure you that Americans in the region are much safer today after the demise of Qasem Soleimani.”

“We have every expectation that people not only in Iraq but in Iran will view the American action last night as giving them freedom,” Pompeo added. “Freedom to have the opportunity for success and prosperity for their nations and while the political leadership may not want that, the people in these nations will demand it.”

Pompeo also downplayed protests against the US in Iran.

“As for the protests you described, there's no doubt the last vestiges of theocracy, the kleptocracy in Iran will continue to try to put down these uprisings from the people,” he said. “They've jailed thousands. They've killed hundreds. It won't surprise me if they try to continue to do that.”

Pompeo went on to say: “But know this: The Iranian people understand that America is a force for good in the region. And I'm convinced that the support we have provided to people in Iran and the support we will continue to provide for the people of Iraq will work to protect American interests and make lives better for those people as well."
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Re: Pompeo: Iranians and Iraqis should view this US action as "giving them their freedom"

Post by Charliesheen »

The Middle East is a shit hole, whose societies are incompatible with western-style life. I know Persians and they can't stand the theocracy. They jut want to run their own affairs as an autonomous country, not as a buttboy of the us or Great Britain.

There will need to be civil war, and the US can't help too much with it.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Re: Pompeo: Iranians and Iraqis should view this US action as "giving them their freedom"

Post by beagleboy »

Charliesheen wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:36 pm The Middle East is a shit hole, whose societies are incompatible with western-style life. I know Persians and they can't stand the theocracy. They jut want to run their own affairs as an autonomous country, not as a buttboy of the us or Great Britain.

There will need to be civil war, and the US can't help too much with it.
Attack thread.
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

Democrats impeached Trump but they also gave him the go ahead to attack Iran.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Looks like they're going to hate us for our freedoms again. Can't wait to see what gets blown up.
wut?
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Peace at any price, eh?
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

They will retaliate and the usual suspects will be all "SEE?!!"
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

The US military targeted for execution a high ranking foreign government official who we are not at war with and Congress never gave authorization for such an action. That's completely different than killing a terrorist who isn't aligned with a government. This is blatantly illegal and the UN has said so much. The Iraqi government has said the US didn't have authorization so it is illegal.

It's called maintaining an assassination program. Bush and Obama used it, Trump has escalated it dramatically.

After the OPCW lies (and so many others), can't even believe anyone would honestly believe US claims of an attack being imminent. Seriously?
Last edited by beagleboy on Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

I hope we have the balls to keep pushing. Fundamentalist Islam needs to be stamped out. Sooner or later it is going to come to a head anyway.

I feel bad about the poor citizens who want to just live their lives with out crazy religious nut jobs dictating their every move but I wonder if it would just be better to pack up and leave them to themselves. Iraq, Iran, Syria.... let them spend the next 200 years terrorizing each other over who's version of Islam is better.
I blame Biker.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Stapes wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:38 pm I hope we have the balls to keep pushing. Fundamentalist Islam needs to be stamped out. Sooner or later it is going to come to a head anyway.

I feel bad about the poor citizens who want to just live their lives with out crazy religious nut jobs dictating their every move but I wonder if it would just be better to pack up and leave them to themselves. Iraq, Iran, Syria.... let them spend the next 200 years terrorizing each other over who's version of Islam is better.
We can't because of oil and Israel. I personally don't give a fuck about Israel, but they are hanging onto our nuts for all they're worth.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Stapes wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:38 pm I hope we have the balls to keep pushing. Fundamentalist Islam needs to be stamped out. Sooner or later it is going to come to a head anyway.

The Saudis are a big exporter of Fundamentalism, gonna attack them?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahhabism
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:23 pm They will retaliate and the usual suspects will be all "SEE?!!"
I'm not sure what your point is here.
wut?
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

https://apnews.com/2742111f6d0489313da6 ... SocialFlow

US sending 3,000 more troops to Mideast as reinforcements
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

beagleboy wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:03 pm https://apnews.com/2742111f6d0489313da6 ... SocialFlow

US sending 3,000 more troops to Mideast as reinforcements
Yep, we're getting out of there right now. Oh.... :?
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Biker wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:08 pm Anyone else notice which Iranian ally has been unusually quiet?
Russia
I blame Biker.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Biker wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:43 pm
Stapes wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:11 pm
Biker wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:08 pm Anyone else notice which Iranian ally has been unusually quiet?
Russia
Yeah, one would think that Iran's BFF would be right there supporting them
4 days ago Putin calls Trump and thanks him for information that helped foil a terrorist attack in St. Petersburg...….maybe they came to an "understanding"
I blame Biker.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Good Lord imagine what regime change would look like in Iran.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Charliesheen wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:14 pm Good Lord imagine what regime change would look like in Iran.
Let them do it themselves. I've always thought of the Persians as more sophisticated than the Arabs.
Of course, we couldn't stop fucking with them, until they had their revolution.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Wut wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:56 pm
VinceBordenIII wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:23 pm They will retaliate and the usual suspects will be all "SEE?!!"
Sure you are.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:40 pm
Sure you are.
No, I really don't know.
wut?
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Wut wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:04 pm
VinceBordenIII wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:40 pm
Sure you are.
No, I really don't know.
I think he's basically saying only a librul would blame a war on trump committing an act of war.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

"Our president will start a war with Iran because he has absolutely no ability to negotiate - he's weak and ineffective.

"So the only way he figures that he's going to get re-elected, and as sure as you're sitting there, is to start a war with Iran."
wut?
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

The possibility for the US to credibly negotiatiate with anyone ended when y'all welched on the Iran deal. You can't negotiate with a welcher, what's the point? Maybe under the next potus if it is backed by a senate confirmed treaty to put in a barrier to easy welching, but basically at this point y'all are a nation of welchers and that is going to stick for a while.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

That was a quote from Trump in 2011.
wut?
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

AnalHamster wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:08 pm The possibility for the US to credibly negotiatiate with anyone ended when y'all welched on the Iran deal. You can't negotiate with a welcher, what's the point? Maybe under the next potus if it is backed by a senate confirmed treaty to put in a barrier to easy welching, but basically at this point y'all are a nation of welchers and that is going to stick for a while.
Really.

I wonder what the UK is assumed to be, on the world stage? Does it sound anything like US butt boy?

And of course, the Brits have operated with Persians interests since the 19th century, right?