Deal With Mexico Reached

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Re: Deal With Mexico Reached

Post by CHEEZY17 »

AnalHamster wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:38 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:47 pm Of course, as with any agreements, it as yet undetermined how much each party will actually follow through on their end of the deal. This is not something that is unique to this particular agreement. The "win" is that they (Mexico) acknowledged the problem, agreed that its a big fucking problem and agreed that they can and will do more. You can pooh-pooh it all you want. That is a win by any measure.
No, because yet again, none of that is new. They had already agreed to all that. Trump manufactured a crisis, then manufactured a fake win, because dupes like you keep falling for it. The cost of adding uncertainty to all trade with Mexico is actually weighed against the win of trump briefly pretending he's done something to keep the base happy. Not even the first time he's run this play, remember when he threatened to close the border entirely? Backed down, the surge continued. He'll be at it again in a few weeks, and he'll declare a huge victory next time too, why stop when you keep falling for it.
Must. Not. Give. Orange. Mans. Administration. Any. Credit.
I know this must be tough for you. :lol:
from hammy's own article wrote: "Officials involved with talks said they began in earnest last Sunday, when Kevin K. McAleenan, the acting secretary of homeland security, met over dinner with Mexico’s foreign minister. One senior government official, who was not authorized to speak publicly about the closed-door negotiations that took place over several days, insisted that the Mexicans agreed to move faster and more aggressively to deter migrants than they ever have before.

Their promise to deploy up to 6,000 national guard troops was larger than their previous pledge. And the Mexican agreement to accelerate the Migrant Protection Protocols could help reduce what Mr. Trump calls “catch and release” of migrants in the United States by giving the country a greater ability to make asylum-seekers wait in Mexico."
You can call me dupe as many times as you like; I really dont care. The fact remains that a better Mexican agreement is in place no matter how much you hate to admit it and no matter how much you pooh-pooh it. :lol:
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:14 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:38 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:47 pm Of course, as with any agreements, it as yet undetermined how much each party will actually follow through on their end of the deal. This is not something that is unique to this particular agreement. The "win" is that they (Mexico) acknowledged the problem, agreed that its a big fucking problem and agreed that they can and will do more. You can pooh-pooh it all you want. That is a win by any measure.
No, because yet again, none of that is new. They had already agreed to all that. Trump manufactured a crisis, then manufactured a fake win, because dupes like you keep falling for it. The cost of adding uncertainty to all trade with Mexico is actually weighed against the win of trump briefly pretending he's done something to keep the base happy. Not even the first time he's run this play, remember when he threatened to close the border entirely? Backed down, the surge continued. He'll be at it again in a few weeks, and he'll declare a huge victory next time too, why stop when you keep falling for it.
Must. Not. Give. Orange. Mans. Administration. Any. Credit.
I know this must be tough for you. :lol:
from hammy's own article wrote: "Officials involved with talks said they began in earnest last Sunday, when Kevin K. McAleenan, the acting secretary of homeland security, met over dinner with Mexico’s foreign minister. One senior government official, who was not authorized to speak publicly about the closed-door negotiations that took place over several days, insisted that the Mexicans agreed to move faster and more aggressively to deter migrants than they ever have before.

Their promise to deploy up to 6,000 national guard troops was larger than their previous pledge. And the Mexican agreement to accelerate the Migrant Protection Protocols could help reduce what Mr. Trump calls “catch and release” of migrants in the United States by giving the country a greater ability to make asylum-seekers wait in Mexico."
You can call me dupe as many times as you like; I really dont care. The fact remains that a better Mexican agreement is in place no matter how much you hate to admit it and no matter how much you pooh-pooh it. :lol:
Uh huh. Are you capable of recognising and admitting that everything you just listed was already agreed to? This epic achievement you are touting is tweaking the numbers on things they had already agreed to do. Are you able to understand that? It's what he does, like when he tweaked nafta and pretending it was a totally different deal. Before he undermined it with these shenanigans.

Do you think there is any cost from undermining trade agreements and randomly threatening allies?

Are you willing to go out on a limb (which will fall off) and say you think the numbers will come down thanks to this wonderful deal? Remember when he threatened to close the border, then caved while declaring he'd got a great deal? How many times are you going to get duped by the same bullshit? All he achieved with the threat to shit on your own economy was the senate republicans finding their balls and telling him they would not allow it. The pretend deal is him saving face and you getting duped. The numbers will stay up and he'll be making more threats in a few weeks, then he'll declare another epic megadeal and rinse and repeat. I guess you'll just keep falling for it as long as he keeps doing it.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Sounds like you are saying your own article is wrong. :lol:
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:06 pm Sounds like you are saying your own article is wrong. :lol:
No, I already pointed out you were cherry picking and quoted for you parts you were ignoring to do so, you pretended not to see. You just aren't capable of criticising the precious, which is why you just ignored every question I asked you. Doesn't matter, the numbers won't be affected by the imaginary amazing deal the amazing dealmaker just pretended to get so he'll be pulling the same shit again in a few weeks. I'll just beat you over the head with it then.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

AnalHamster wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:13 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:06 pm Sounds like you are saying your own article is wrong. :lol:
No, I already pointed out you were cherry picking and quoted for you parts you were ignoring to do so, you pretended not to see. You just aren't capable of criticising the precious, which is why you just ignored every question I asked you. Doesn't matter, the numbers won't be affected by the imaginary amazing deal the amazing dealmaker just pretended to get so he'll be pulling the same shit again in a few weeks. I'll just beat you over the head with it then.
Except I criticize Donny all the time you fucking retard. :lol:
Its your article not mine and it says what it says. Its not my fault that iyour own article says the talks started in earnest last Sunday and that additional things had been added.

Is there a cost? Sure. For this particular issue and in this particular instance the "cost" was negligible. Any other questions I can help you with?
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:20 pm
Its your article not mine and it says what it says. Its not my fault that iyour own article says the talks started in earnest last Sunday and that additional things had been added.

Is there a cost? Sure. For this particular issue and in this particular instance the "cost" was negligible. Any other questions I can help you with?
Nah, you do the standard trump cuck thing and lament that he makes the occasional dumb tweet,' oh deary me I do wish he wouldn't call john mccain a twat. See I criticise trump therefore when I support him on every policy every day I'm in the clear.' Nope. Literally every trumpcuck here does that.

If you really want to keep cherry picking from the article in this tedious way and ignoring my quotes from it and my questions to you, at least try explaining how you think something agreed months back can have been decided last sunday.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

I'm still waiting for his "beautiful" plan for healthcare that's going to cover "everyone" at a "much lower cost."
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

AnalHamster wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:01 pm

Nah, you do the standard trump cuck thing and lament that he makes the occasional dumb tweet,' oh deary me I do wish he wouldn't call john mccain a twat. See I criticise trump therefore when I support him on every policy every day I'm in the clear.' Nope. Literally every trumpcuck here does that.

If you really want to keep cherry picking from the article in this tedious way and ignoring my quotes from it and my questions to you, at least try explaining how you think something agreed months back can have been decided last sunday.
Its tedious only to you because I am forcing you to argue against your own article. :lol:
What questions do you want answered aside from the one that I clearly just did above? Do I think the numbers will drop? I certainly hope so. And sure, I'll say that they will show a decrease over the next 6 months. Now, any other questions you think I cant answer?
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:06 am

Its tedious only to you because I am forcing you to argue against your own article. :lol:
What questions do you want answered aside from the one that I clearly just did above? Do I think the numbers will drop? I certainly hope so. And sure, I'll say that they will show a decrease over the next 6 months. Now, any other questions you think I cant answer?
I replied to your quote from the article, quoting from the article. It was around the time you left the topic completely, do feel free as always to go back to the on topic post and make an on topic post. I would like all the questions answered, that is why I asked them. Including what I asked you just then - explain how you think something decided months back was decided since sunday. Questions do tend to build when your default position is to ignore everything put to you.

Did you think the numbers were going to show a 6 month decrease when trump threatened to close the border completely then caved with a declaration that he'd won a fantastic deal?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

AnalHamster wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:17 am

I replied to your quote from the article, quoting from the article. It was around the time you left the topic completely, do feel free as always to go back to the on topic post and make an on topic post. I would like all the questions answered, that is why I asked them. Including what I asked you just then - explain how you think something decided months back was decided since sunday. Questions do tend to build when your default position is to ignore everything put to you.

Did you think the numbers were going to show a 6 month decrease when trump threatened to close the border completely then caved with a declaration that he'd won a fantastic deal?
Left the topic? Its only been up since Friday and sorry I do have a family and a life. I have never left anything. I believe you are completely mental. :lol:
I am right here forcing you to argue against your own article. Always have and always will until I get bored of your schtick.
I will go head and quote your entire post for you so we can go through the questions you seem to think I havent or cant answer:
hammy wrote:Uh huh. Are you capable of recognising and admitting that everything you just listed was already agreed to?
It was agreed to and then expanded upon. This epic achievement you are touting is tweaking the numbers on things they had already agreed to do. Are you able to understand that? I understand it and "tweaking the numbers" is still adding to and making the agreement better. It's what he does, like when he tweaked nafta and pretending it was a totally different deal. Before he undermined it with these shenanigans.

Do you think there is any cost from undermining trade agreements and randomly threatening allies? Already answered.

Are you willing to go out on a limb (which will fall off) and say you think the numbers will come down thanks to this wonderful deal? Already answered. Remember when he threatened to close the border, then caved while declaring he'd got a great deal? I do remember. How many times are you going to get duped by the same bullshit? Nothing was achieved there. Something was achieved here. All he achieved with the threat to shit on your own economy was the senate republicans finding their balls and telling him they would not allow it. The pretend deal is him saving face and you getting duped. The numbers will stay up and he'll be making more threats in a few weeks, then he'll declare another epic megadeal and rinse and repeat. I guess you'll just keep falling for it as long as he keeps doing it.
Must. Not. Give. Orange. Administration. Credit.
I know its tough for you.
This is a win for the administration no matter how much you pooh pooh it. Face it. Accept it.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:12 am
AnalHamster wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:17 am
AnalHamster wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:13 pm No, I already pointed out you were cherry picking and quoted for you parts you were ignoring to do so, you pretended not to see. You just aren't capable of criticising the precious, which is why you just ignored every question I asked you. Doesn't matter, the numbers won't be affected by the imaginary amazing deal the amazing dealmaker just pretended to get so he'll be pulling the same shit again in a few weeks. I'll just beat you over the head with it then.

Left the topic? Its only been up since Friday and sorry I do have a family and a life. I have never left anything. I believe you are completely mental. :lol:
I am right here forcing you to argue against your own article. Always have and always will until I get bored of your schtick.
I will go head and quote your entire post for you so we can go through the questions you seem to think I havent or cant answer:
hammy wrote:Uh huh. Are you capable of recognising and admitting that everything you just listed was already agreed to?
It was agreed to and then expanded upon. This epic achievement you are touting is tweaking the numbers on things they had already agreed to do. Are you able to understand that? I understand it and "tweaking the numbers" is still adding to and making the agreement better. It's what he does, like when he tweaked nafta and pretending it was a totally different deal. Before he undermined it with these shenanigans.

Do you think there is any cost from undermining trade agreements and randomly threatening allies? Already answered.

Are you willing to go out on a limb (which will fall off) and say you think the numbers will come down thanks to this wonderful deal? Already answered. Remember when he threatened to close the border, then caved while declaring he'd got a great deal? I do remember. How many times are you going to get duped by the same bullshit? Nothing was achieved there. Something was achieved here. All he achieved with the threat to shit on your own economy was the senate republicans finding their balls and telling him they would not allow it. The pretend deal is him saving face and you getting duped. The numbers will stay up and he'll be making more threats in a few weeks, then he'll declare another epic megadeal and rinse and repeat. I guess you'll just keep falling for it as long as he keeps doing it.
Must. Not. Give. Orange. Administration. Credit.
I know its tough for you.
This is a win for the administration no matter how much you pooh pooh it. Face it. Accept it.
You leave the topic when you abandon on topic responses and just start derping.

You keep saying I'm arguing against the article that supports my position and opposes yours, I responded to that the first time you raised it pointing out you were cherry picking and quoting the next bit for you. Respond to that post if you like, you just ignored it and keep making the assertion it addressed.

Anyway, so now you agree you were wrong when you listed the 'achievements' trump had told you resulted from the temper tanrtrum, and admit all he got was 'an expansion' of existing commitments. 'When we get around to doing these things, now we'll do them even more'. Nothing changed, they just let trump save face and dupe you. Now he's having a twitter tantrum because the press called him on it.

The cost of undermining trade agreements and threatening economic devastation isn't negligible in any way, the US is now an unreliable negotiating partner that welches on things it does agree, that's a big hurdle to international agreements, and uncertainty costs money. Trump will be back at it threatening to shit on trade with mexico again in a matter of weeks, and everyone knows it. It's the same 'win' he had when he threatened to close the border entirely, the same 'win' he'll have again in a few weeks when the numbers stay up. You'll be duped every time.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

:lol:
Me pointing out that adding to the agreement means that the agreement is not the same as the original agreement is admitting I'm wrong? Holy fuck man. You've fucking lost it.

Be a man and just fucking admit it already: this agreement is a win for he administration. Ask yourself why cannot accept that fact.
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Do feel free to answer my questions, specifically in the order I ask them.
I asked you previously if you know the meaning of the words mollusk and queef. As you have not answered, I can only assume you do not, as your inferior American education and failed political system and foolish founding fathers did not see fit to put in place a system to educate you in the meaning if those words. Now you are changing your argument to add another element, neither of which answer my questions, specifically about the meaning of mollusk and queef. I shall continue to harangue you on this until you answer these incredibly important questions which I have asked.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:11 pm Do feel free to answer my questions, specifically in the order I ask them.
I asked you previously if you know the meaning of the words mollusk and queef. As you have not answered, I can only assume you do not, as your inferior American education and failed political system and foolish founding fathers did not see fit to put in place a system to educate you in the meaning if those words. Now you are changing your argument to add another element, neither of which answer my questions, specifically about the meaning of mollusk and queef. I shall continue to harangue you on this until you answer these incredibly important questions which I have asked.
Even when you answer the questions he thinks are going to be "gotcha" questions he'll still claim they haven't been answered simply because he doesn't like the answer that has been provided. It's hammy-Schtick 101. Next up are the personal attacks and insults. He's been doing this same schtick for 15 years. :lol:
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:17 pm Next up are the personal attacks and insults. He's been doing this same schtick for 15 years. :lol:
Stop responding to him.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:07 pm :lol:
Me pointing out that adding to the agreement means that the agreement is not the same as the original agreement is admitting I'm wrong? Holy fuck man. You've fucking lost it.

Be a man and just fucking admit it already: this agreement is a win for he administration. Ask yourself why cannot accept that fact.
You claimed trump's brinkmanship created the agreement, not slightly changed the numbers on what was already agreed. Which is of course what the talking points told you to think. Are you really going to pretend you can't see the difference? What is going to happen now is what was going to happen before, trump presented it as a new and different deal, it's the same deal with different numbers on the final aims at some unspecified time, and that is exclusively to let him save face after caving, and dupe you as always.

The slight changes to the already existing agreement are not a win because the means used to extort them harm the credibility of the US as an international negotiating partner and harm business through uncertainty. I think I've been very clear on that already. You dismiss those harms as negligible not due to any rational thought process, but because you must protect the precious.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

beagleboy wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:22 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:17 pm Next up are the personal attacks and insults. He's been doing this same schtick for 15 years. :lol:
Stop responding to him.
Then constantly comment on his posts in threads you don't dare engage in a discussion on, eh, you sad old fool? :lol:
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:11 pm Do feel free to answer my questions, specifically in the order I ask them.
You really need to take a hard look at beagle and ask yourself if you want to become that sad and still be doing this in a few years. You keep commenting on my comments but are too afraid to discuss anything. It's just pathetic.
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

See, it's always name calling and attacking people in an attempt to get people to interact with him. He can't help it but do you really want the negativity in your life?
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

beagleboy wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:46 pm See, it's always name calling and attacking people in an attempt to get people to interact with him. He can't help it but do you really want the negativity in your life?
You haven't dared get into a discussion with me for years, you're a sad old fool with a sandy vag and you'll still be following me around commenting on my discussions with other people for as long as that withered old ticker keeps going. There's nothing to say to you except that. .

I really have no interest in interacting with you or the newest member of my fan club, just stop following me around endlessly commenting about how you aren't going to comment
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

AnalHamster wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:39 pm
You really need to take a hard look at beagle and ask yourself if you want to become that sad and still be doing this in a few years. You keep commenting on my comments but are too afraid to discuss anything. It's just pathetic.
I've "discussed" with you until I'm blue in the face. You fall back on tactics in place of argument. "Answer my (irrelevant) question" is one of them. You continually insult America, even in conversations wherein it isn't necessary. I have long since come to believe you're mostly a bullshit artist.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:01 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:39 pm
I've "discussed" with you until I'm blue in the face. You fall back on tactics in place of argument. "Answer my (irrelevant) question" is one of them. You continually insult America, even in conversations wherein it isn't necessary. I have long since come to believe you're mostly a bullshit artist.
You aren't capable of a discussion. I don't insult america continually or at all. That's just a pathetic child's reaction to criticism of things like the healthcare system or lack of gun control. Waah dat's an insult to muh cuntry, derrrr. The 'irrelevant' questions if answered would force you to admit your mistakes, that's why they get raised and ignored in the first place. If you can't answer a question on your position, you need to think again.

The last time you popped up derping at me is a good example of a few things here-
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1304
I make a statement, you pop up with derrr dat so stoopid. No point discussing something with you so I just say well argued, run along. Someone with a brain raises what I presume would have been your objection if you were capable of articulating one, so I back my statement with recent SC precedents. Other guy is like, oh ok then, and moves on. No need for endlessly repeating simple questions that would force him to admit what I'd just shown. You'd still be there arguing your starting conclusion and ignoring anything that didn't fit before whining about my 'schtick' and flouncing off. You don't dare discuss anything anymore, that's fine. Just dig deep, grow the fuck up, and stop following me around derping about things you can't discuss. mmmkay?
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

And on the actual topic for a change-
NYT wrote:WASHINGTON — The Mexican foreign minister said Monday that no secret immigration deal existed between his country and the United States, directly contradicting President Trump’s claim on Twitter that a “fully signed and documented” agreement would be revealed soon.

Marcelo Ebrard, Mexico’s top diplomat, said at a news conference in Mexico City that there was an understanding that both sides would evaluate the flow of migrants in the coming months. And if the number of migrants crossing the United States border was not significantly reduced, he said, both sides had agreed to renew discussions about more aggressive changes to regional asylum rules that could make a bigger impact.

“Let’s have a deadline to see if what we have works and if not, then we will sit down and look at the measures you propose and those that we propose,” Mr. Ebrard said, describing the understanding reached by negotiators last week.

In a Twitter post on Monday morning, he said, “We have fully signed and documented another very important part of the Immigration and Security deal with Mexico, one that the U.S. has been asking about getting for many years. It will be revealed in the not too distant future and will need a vote by Mexico’s Legislative body!”

[President Trump’s immigration clampdown has pushed an increasing surge of migrants into the harsh Rio Grande current as the fastest route to American soil.]

American officials said Monday that what Mr. Trump appeared to be referring to was the agreement in principle to revisit the migration situation, and they said it gave the United States strong leverage over Mexico to live up to its promises. The numbers will be reviewed in 45 days and again in 90 days, officials said.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/10/us/p ... e=Homepage
Trump's bullshit really fell apart fast on this one. Turns out the actual agreement trump has been congratulating himself on is basically 'let's see how the things we're already doing work out in a few months'.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Trump waves a piece of paper he's pretending has the imaginary deal on it at the press, then refuses to show it to anyone :lol:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/11/us/p ... e=Homepage

Apparently he can't because 'mexico wants to handle that', while mexico is outright saying he's full of shit and the secret agreement doesn't exist :lol:
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

AnalHamster wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:44 pm Trump waves a piece of paper he's pretending has the imaginary deal on it at the press, then refuses to show it to anyone :lol:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/11/us/p ... e=Homepage

Apparently he can't because 'mexico wants to handle that', while mexico is outright saying he's full of shit and the secret agreement doesn't exist :lol:
Winning?
wut?