AOC - Green New Deal

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Re: AOC - Green New Deal

Post by CaptQuint »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:43 pm
captquint wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:40 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:38 pm
captquint wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:37 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:35 pm This is really getting under your skin, eh capt? :lol:
You're right that all the dims could call his bluff but that will never happen. There's just too many dims in moderate states that don't want their name anywhere near that thing.
Did you read the bill? Or just the Breitbart footnotes?

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-con ... n/109/text
Ok, you're so confident. How about a bet?
How about you answer the fucking question?
Sure. Here you go: nope I did not read the entire bill. Now, how about a bet?
Ok, you admit you are uninformed. Not interested in any of your foolishness.
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

captquint wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:46 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:35 pm This is really getting under your skin, eh capt? :lol:
You're right that all the dims could call his bluff but that will never happen. There's just too many dims in moderate states that don't want their name anywhere near that thing.

It doesn't matter what I think. You're the one who is so confident. I'm uninformed yet here I am putting my money where my mouth is. You claim to be informed yet you will not. Sounds like you're being a pussy. Pussy. Put up or shut up. :lol:
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:52 pm
captquint wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:37 pm Did you read the bill? Or just the Breitbart footnotes?

It doesn't matter what I think. You're the one who is so confident. I'm uninformed yet here I am putting my money where my mouth is. You claim to be informed yet you will not. Sounds like you're being a pussy. Pussy. Put up or shut up. :lol:
Pussy? So I'm scared of some bet I don't even know? Grow up dude. What are you even saying I am confident about?
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

captquint wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:54 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:38 pm Ok, you're so confident. How about a bet?
Pussy? So I'm scared of some bet I don't even know? Grow up dude. What are you even saying I am confident about?
That the actual bill, and not the Breitbart footnotes, is so much better than what has been reported that surely the Dims will all line up and support it.
Now, are you ready to bet, pussy?
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:59 pm
captquint wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:40 pm How about you answer the fucking question?
That the actual bill, and not the Breitbart footnotes, is so much better than what has been reported that surely the Dims will line up and support it.
We don't know if there will be a vote, there isn't one on the schedule. You should know better than to trust the turtle. There is nothing in the bill that any dem should be against voting for (except Joe Manchin)
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

captquint wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:04 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:43 pm Sure. Here you go: nope I did not read the entire bill. Now, how about a bet?
That the actual bill, and not the Breitbart footnotes, is so much better than what has been reported that surely the Dims will line up and support it.
We don't know if there will be a vote, there isn't one on the schedule. You should know better than to trust the turtle. There is nothing in the bill that any dem should be against voting for (except Joe Manchin)
Again, you are the one expressing confidence in what it states. Put your money where your mouth is. IF it comes to a vote, lets bet. I'll give you Manchin. I'll even give you 2 more Dims. I say more than 3 Dims dont want their name near it. 3 or less against you win. 4 or more I win. 1 month avatar bet. Deal?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:18 am
captquint wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:46 pm Ok, you admit you are uninformed. Not interested in any of your foolishness.
Again, you are the one expressing confidence in what it states. Put your money where your mouth is. IF it comes to a vote, lets bet. I'll give you Manchin. I'll even give you 2 more Dims. I say more than 3 Dims dont want their name near it. 3 or less against you win. 4 or more I win. 1 month avatar bet. Deal?
Please point out where I said a majority of dems senators would vote for it
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Biker wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:00 am

You cant know whats in the bill until you pass it, dippy
The house bill is right there skippy and the house hasn't voted on it. Turtle is showboating
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

First off, it's not a piece of legislation. It's a broad resolution that outlines goals.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

captquint wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:22 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:52 pm It doesn't matter what I think. You're the one who is so confident. I'm uninformed yet here I am putting my money where my mouth is. You claim to be informed yet you will not. Sounds like you're being a pussy. Pussy. Put up or shut up. :lol:
Well, a few posts ago you said there is nothing in there that the Dims should be voting against. Now you're moving the goalposts saying you never said a majority of Dim Senators would vote for it. Thats a pretty big difference there, hoss. So either you are acknowledging that many Dims dont want anything to do with this, you have zero faith in the Dims to do the right thing (in your eyes) or you are admitting its flawed and the Dims would be correct in not voting for it (should it ever come up for a vote). Any of those work, I suppose. :lol:
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:32 am
captquint wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:54 pm Pussy? So I'm scared of some bet I don't even know? Grow up dude. What are you even saying I am confident about?
Well, a few posts ago you said there is nothing in there that the Dims should be voting against. Now you're moving the goalposts saying you never said a majority of Dim Senators would vote for it. Thats a pretty big difference there, hoss. So either you are acknowledging that many Dims dont want anything to do with this, you have zero faith in the Dims to do the right thing (in your eyes) or you are admitting its flawed and the Dims would be correct in not voting for it (should it ever come up for a vote). Any of those work, I suppose. :lol:
Completely incorrect, I never said that a majority of dems would vote for it period, never said that. I also said in my opinion there is nothing in that bill that they should vote against either. That is not moving any goalposts.I am not a dem senator, they will do whatever they do. Your shitty interpretations of what I say are meaningless.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

captquint wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:41 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:32 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:59 pm That the actual bill, and not the Breitbart footnotes, is so much better than what has been reported that surely the Dims will line up and support it.
Completely incorrect, I never said that a majority of dems would vote for it period, never said that. I also said in my opinion there is nothing in that bill that they should vote against either. That is not moving any goalposts.I am not a dem senator, they will do whatever they do. Your shitty interpretations of what I say are meaningless.
So then tell us what you think they will do. And again: please spare us the "I'm not a senator, you'll have to ask them." weasel bullshit. Dont pussy out. Do you have faith in your party or not? I've already told you what I think would happen should it ever come up. Man up and give us your thoughts.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

I have no idea what they will do. I don't that Mitch is gonna do it. If he does some will vote aye some will vote nay some may even vote present. I know how the NPC Republicans will vote
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

captquint wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:56 am I have no idea what they will do. I don't that Mitch is gonna do it. If he does some will vote aye some will vote nay some may even vote present. I know how the NPC Republicans will vote
At the very least I thank you for stopping that quote monster. If you didnt I was going to.
Heres the way I picture it would go down: about 30% of Dims vote yes, about 30% vote no and the rest vote present to avoid taking a stand.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:05 am
captquint wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:56 am I have no idea what they will do. I don't that Mitch is gonna do it. If he does some will vote aye some will vote nay some may even vote present. I know how the NPC Republicans will vote
At the very least I thank you for stopping that quote monster. If you didnt I was going to.
Heres the way I picture it would go down: about 30% of Dims vote yes, about 30% vote no and the rest vote present to avoid taking a stand.
Totally possible, but since the pie in the sky shit isn't in the bill and it's not binding they could not do what you said (and that's what Mitch wants) and all vote aye (except Manchin)
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Wut wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:56 pm Well since republicans are ok with borrowing money for tax cuts and increased military spending, why not?
You misspelled RINO.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Antknot wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:01 pm
Wut wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:56 pm Well since republicans are ok with borrowing money for tax cuts and increased military spending, why not?
You misspelled RINO.
So every single Republican Senator is a RINO?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

And 227 Republican House members as well
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

You misspelled RINO.
Getting kinda silly to still be pretending the republicans are all rinos isn't it?
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

analhamster wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:06 pm
You misspelled RINO.
Getting kinda silly to still be pretending the republicans are all rinos isn't it?
The "honorable" senior senator from Kentucky damn sure is.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Antknot wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:27 am
You misspelled RINO.
The point is simply that when you have to call 99% of them not real republicans, the problem may in fact be you not knowing what a Republican is.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

analhamster wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:04 am
You misspelled RINO.
The point is simply that when you have to call 99% of them not real republicans, the problem may in fact be you not knowing what a Republican is.
The problem stems from conflating Republican with Conservative. They dont always interchange like they used to.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

I'd say it's more a problem with the disconnect between theory and reality since reagan introduced the magic tax theory. Just cut taxes, spend more, ????, profit! It's every bit as dumb as the new magic money theory coming from the left, where you can just print all the money you need because debt doesn't matter. Someone at some point is going to have to introduce the massive tax increases that will align spending with revenue because there really isn't that much to cut to do it the other way.
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:54 am
analhamster wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:04 am
You misspelled RINO.
The problem stems from conflating Republican with Conservative. They dont always interchange like they used to.
THIS.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Amazing, cannot blame the republicans, because all the republicans that ran in the primary and won and then ran as republicans in the general or midterms elections and won. Turns out none of them are republicans!