Trump will be back on the Colorado Ballot

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Animal
The Great Pretender

Trump will be back on the Colorado Ballot

Post by Animal »

According to a review by esteemed attorneys at Dotsky, Moran and Definition Law Firm, they have carefully reviewed the case before the Supreme Court regarding Donald J Trump and the ruling by the Colorado Supreme Court to ban him from the primary ballot in Colorado.

At issue is whether the 14th Amendment’s “insurrectionist ban” bars Trump from appearing on the ballot because of his role in the January 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol.

Section 3 of the 14th Amendment says:
No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

According to the definition, as found by Dotsky, Moran and Definition, this DOES NOT apply to Donald J Trump and the Colorado case BECAUSE, it specifically says "no person shall.....hold any office". It does not say "be on a ballot". And being on a ballot is not the same as holding an office.

Therefore, they will have to vote to strike down the Colorado ruling and allow Trump back on the Ballot. A victory for Definitions!
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Trump will be back on the Colorado Ballot

Post by Reservoir Dog »

But not being on a ballot is the MEANS by which to enforce "no person shall.....hold any office".
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:41 pm But not being on a ballot is the MEANS by which to enforce "no person shall.....hold any office".
if you have to change the argument to an election, you fail. argue the definition, which clearly states that this only applies to people holding an office. Not being on a ballot.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:53 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:41 pm But not being on a ballot is the MEANS by which to enforce "no person shall.....hold any office".
if you have to change the argument to an election, you fail. argue the definition, which clearly states that this only applies to people holding an office. Not being on a ballot.
Hey, don't get me wrong... there's no doubt in my mind that the court will throw all this out and Trump will stay on the ballots.

But I think it might be a tad bit more complicated than you're trying to make it out to be.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:17 pm
Hey, don't get me wrong... there's no doubt in my mind that the court will throw all this out and Trump will stay on the ballots.

But I think it might be a tad bit more complicated than you're trying to make it out to be.
again, you are changing the argument. the definition is indisputable. The 14th Amendment clearly only applies to a candidate holding an office not being on a ballot. thanks for losing this argument so easily.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:27 pm

again, you are changing the argument. the definition is indisputable. The 14th Amendment clearly only applies to a candidate holding an office not being on a ballot. thanks for losing this argument so easily.
Go back and read your thread title. I agreed with you, ya dumb cunt.
Just not for the same reason.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:37 pm
Animal wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:27 pm

Go back and read your thread title. I agreed with you, ya dumb cunt.
Just not for the same reason.
sorry, Hacker McHackenstein. You can keep trying to change the question all you want. It doesn't change the fact that a definition is exactly what a definition is. a definition. and the definition is that Trump isn't asking to hold any offices. He's only asking to be on a ballot. So, by definition he wins this case. Sure you can think he wins for another reason, but that's a hackers attempt to dodge the argument and lose. which is what you have just done.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

SCOTUS Unanimously Rules States Cannot Disqualify Trump from 2024 Ballot

M

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024 ... 24-ballot/
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

The Democrats attempt at subverting democracy has failed. The best part is it was UNANIMOUSLY so they cant even claim its a biased Supreme Court! :lol:
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Yeah, I totally didn't see that 9-0 decision coming :roll: :roll:
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

I'd agree this is the right decision by the court, as much as I despise Trump to my core. This is one of those decisions meant to keep the sword from swinging both ways. If some states can decide Trump can't be on the ballot, it'd be easy for some red states to declare Biden can't be on the ballot for whatever imagined charges they might find. This is Congress' job for a federal office, and if Congress would actually do their job, Trump would not be eligible to run. It's now the job of the voters, and hopefully they're do what's right in November.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Demoncrats: You have to destroy democracy in order to save democracy
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Supreme Court ‘Must Be Dissolved’: Liberals Melt Down over Ruling that States Can’t Disqualify Trump from Ballots

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024 ... m-ballots/
Biker

Post by Biker »

necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

Antknot wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:44 pm Supreme Court ‘Must Be Dissolved’: Liberals Melt Down over Ruling that States Can’t Disqualify Trump from Ballots

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024 ... m-ballots/
State rights over federal elections.....that's neat.
Biker

Post by Biker »