And so who left the furnace on?

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

DiverTexas
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Re: And so who left the furnace on?

Post by DiverTexas »

Wut wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:43 pm
DiverTexas wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:38 pm
Stapes wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:28 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:22 pm
porky wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:17 pm the heat in texas has always amazed me. its too fucking hot.
I love it. takes months to forget those 30 degrees Winter days. Brutal :D :D
When did you have a 30 degree day? 3 in the morning in january?
We actually have maybe a dozen days below freezing during our winter months. Hardly brutal, but God help us if we get ice on the roads. Hundreds of wrecks within hours of a little ice.
My brother lives in Dallas and he’s told me about the ice capades on the roads a few days per year.
They probably deal with it better than those of us south of there. North Texas and the panhandle see more ice than us.
A 1/4" here is going to turn into a true shit show.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Whackov wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:27 pm
porky wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:17 pm the heat in texas has always amazed me. its too fucking hot.
DFW heat is hot but tolerable. Houston is stifling because of the humidity. Haven’t spent much time in West TX
Made the mistake of being near Galveston in August. :bouncyredfire:

I never complain about NJ Summers now.
Whackov
Christ, get a life already!

Post by Whackov »

DiverTexas wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:47 pm
We actually have maybe a dozen days below freezing during our winter months. Hardly brutal, but God help us if we get ice on the roads. Hundreds of wrecks within hours of a little ice.
My brother lives in Dallas and he’s told me about the ice capades on the roads a few days per year.
They probably deal with it better than those of us south of there. North Texas and the panhandle see more ice than us.
We have the ice shit shows in TN too. Most of the Southern states get ice before snow. The Dept of Transportation and the locals simple do not have the equipment to handle it.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

DFW heat is hot but tolerable. Houston is stifling because of the humidity. Haven’t spent much time in West TX
< 10% humidity, Totally tolerable unless you are doing heavy work.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Worst Winter drivers in the history of the planet. :D
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

FSchmertz wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:50 pm

:lol: :lol:
DiverTexas

Post by DiverTexas »

Whackov wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:28 pm

We have the ice shit shows in TN too. Most of the Southern states get ice before snow. The Dept of Transportation and the locals simple do not have the equipment to handle it.
I hear you. I had a tech that felt he needed to run every call that came in during an ice storm. When he called me after his third wreck, I explained that I could not afford for him to run anymore calls.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Months?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

BigRedRetard wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:15 pm
FSchmertz wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:50 pm

I do. The humidity sucks.
You don't know humidity until you're on the Gulf Coast in August. :o

Thunderstorm every friggin' night, going outside is like getting punched in the face by an insanely hot wet fist!
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

DiverTexas wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:38 pm
Whackov wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:28 pm

I hear you. I had a tech that felt he needed to run every call that came in during an ice storm. When he called me after his third wreck, I explained that I could not afford for him to run anymore calls.
True story- late 80's in Austin- took my wife out on a date- babysitter for the kids. It snowed like 10 inches in 3 hours. Got back to the house and couldn't decide what to to with the babysitter. She wanted to go home. So, at 1AM on a Saturday, took her to a mall parking lot and showed her how to drive in the slop. Followed her the 15 miles to her parent's house at 5MPH. Got home at 4AM. Hell of a Date.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

What the hell, deader than crap- can't make it any worse/
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

peterosehaircut

Post by peterosehaircut »

Yes it can. we have a music thread, put that crap there.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

I'm booked up installing Fujitsu heat pumps till mid September, We're getting calls everyday.
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

It's not the heat that sucks here, it's the fucking humidity. Sure 80's and 90's don't sound bad, but the humidity here is worse than what I faced in North Carolina.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Whackov wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:55 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:41 pm
Whackov wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:33 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:26 pm
Whackov wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:51 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:41 pm
What part of TN do you live? My best friend and his wife live in Knoxville.
Nashville area. My youngest will be in Knoxville this fall to work on his Masters. May end up going for a PhD after that but he will have to figure how to pay for that.
If you don't mind me asking, what's he mastering/ ph'ding in? Hope it pays well. That's a lot of education.
Accounting. He has a job with a Big 4 accounting firm waiting but he is leaning towards teaching. He graduated Summa Cum Laude. He started his grad school last year but had to drop out because of a back injury.
That's a big bingo on the Master's/ ph'd program. If he does right, could be starting at Wall Street starting at multiple 6 figures. Sweet.
I will just be happy to get his ass off of my payroll. :lol:
If only.

My kid studied Econ. Very different sich on graduation. Congrats, again.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
woohooguy
Forum God

Post by woohooguy »

I was in Vegas this past week, first day was like 113.

Not a single cloud in the sky or drop of moisture in the air. There's a breeze but literally feels like someone aiming a hair dryer in your face.

We still got in all the outdoor stuff we wanted to, the Colorado river excursion was amazing and the water an extremely refreshing 55 degrees in the 110 heat.

Was nice to visit, probably never going back.
"stupid ass bitch ass bitch“
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

woohooguy wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:33 pm I was in Vegas this past week, first day was like 113.

Not a single cloud in the sky or drop of moisture in the air. There's a breeze but literally feels like someone aiming a hair dryer in your face.

We still got in all the outdoor stuff we wanted to, the Colorado river excursion was amazing and the water an extremely refreshing 55 degrees in the 110 heat.

i posted this a few weeks ago. "You haven't lived until you walk outside the airport in Las Vegas in August."

that freaking heat will literally suck the air out of your lungs.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Flumper wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:35 pm
woohooguy wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:33 pm I was in Vegas this past week, first day was like 113.

i posted this a few weeks ago. "You haven't lived until you walk outside the airport in Las Vegas in August."

I've heard of people flying out of their home airport in like April bundled up because of the snow on the ground, fly to Vegas and the second they step out of the plane, it's like an anvil scene from the roadrunner cartoon.
woohooguy
Forum God

Post by woohooguy »

Flumper wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:35 pm

We had to jump two damn shuttles to get the rental car, of going to Vegas make sure to rent from one of the large national companies.

Waiting for these shuttles I thought I was gonna fucking die. The highest ground cover is some desert bush no higher than your waist. Palm trees don't offer shit for shade. I felt like my sneakers were melting to the pavement, yet there is the parking attendant at the rental center guiding people, standing in direct sun the whole time, wearing black pants and a blue button shirt,safety vest, and he is the happiest fucker I've ever met and happy to still be working in retirement. Just odd shit.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

The only reasonalble reason to be outside in Vegas during the summer is having a drink in the pool looking at titties.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Was the river trip a white water trip or calm water?
wut?
woohooguy
Forum God

Post by woohooguy »

Wut wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:01 pm

Calm, very calm. With the drought the Colorado river is not moving fast at all, the dam is only releasing what it needs to meet power generation. I couldn't perceive any current. We would rather raft in Maine for true whitewater, so we weren't going out of our way to raft on the Colorado, just kayaking and taking in the scenery and historic sites where they considered building the dam.

It is a beautiful river with a deep blue/green shimmer to the water. No insects getting in your face was real nice, back here in the northeast we have these fucker green flies that will chase your ass down when in a boat to have a bite at you.

I was disappointed at the amount of trash in areas of the river, houseboats, party floats flying up and down the river no doubt are the source.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

woohooguy wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:21 pm
Wut wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:01 pm

Calm, very calm. With the drought the Colorado river is not moving fast at all, the dam is only releasing what it needs to meet power generation. I couldn't perceive any current. We would rather raft in Maine for true whitewater, so we weren't going out of our way to raft on the Colorado, just kayaking and taking in the scenery and historic sites where they considered building the dam.

It is a beautiful river with a deep blue/green shimmer to the water. No insects getting in your face was real nice, back here in the northeast we have these fucker green flies that will chase your ass down when in a boat to have a bite at you.

I was disappointed at the amount of trash in areas of the river, houseboats, party floats flying up and down the river no doubt are the source.
How is the whitewater in Maine?

It’s been years since I’ve been rafting but I used to go near Pittsburgh a few times per year.
wut?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i white watered in a john boat with a guy while we were trout fishing on the white river in north arkansas. no one told us they let water out of Bull Shoals every once in a while.